What’s Happening in Binghamton
The Kopernik Observatory & Science Center (KOSC) will hold its 8th annual model rocket festival this Saturday June 11th at KOSC's facility in Vestal NY, RocketFest 2016 will feature large displays by experts in rocketry and space exploration.
During the course of the day, individuals and families will have the opportunity to build and launch their own rockets that will fly several hundred feet into the air.
In addition, there will be food, door prizes and raffles. MORE INFO CLICK HERE
Here’s a list of community events over the next week
- The 18th Annual Nelcorp Make-A-Wish Open is June 13th at Traditions at the Glenn. Registration begins at 11a.m. … shotgun start at noon. For more information or to register in advance call 315-475-9474. Proceeds benefit Make-A-Wish Central New York.
- The Second Annual Shanon Kolb Nasoni Memorial Ride is July 16th with all proceeds benefitting Broome County Stop DWI. There will also be a blood drive, Doug’s Fish Fry, and a raffle. [I don’t have a location for this but have an email out to the organizer. I will update everyone if she gets back to me in time.]
- The First Presbyterian Church of Johnson City, 2 Main Street, Johnson City is holding a chicken barbeque on June 11th from 10a.m. until sold out. Half barbeque chicken is $5.25; dinners are $7.50.
- The Sons of Italy present “A Night at the Masquerade” June 11th beginning at 7p.m. at the Sons of Italy, Endicott. Silent Auction, dinner, drinks, photo booth, prizes and music. For more information call 723-7303.
- The Tammy Twitchell Crafts Foundation is having a multi-family garage sale at the Leonardsville Fire Hall, 11306 Mill Street, Leonardsville, June 11th starting at 9a.m.
- Nimmonsburg United Methodist Church, 918 Upper Front Street, Binghamton, is holding a rummage sale June 10th from nine to three, and June 11th from nine to two. June 11th also features a chicken barbeque from 10a.m. ‘till sold out.
- The Four County Library Cybermobile will be at Saint Mark’s Episcopal Church in Chenango Bridge on June 14th from 10 to 10:45a.m. and at the Endwell Firehouse June 16th from 8:30 to 9:30a.m.
- Binghamton Classic Films presents “Claudia” starring Dorothy McGuire and Robert Young, June 11th at 7p.m. in Titchener Hall on the SUNY Broome Campus. Suggested admission is three dollars; two dollars for students, seniors and members.
- The Friendship Craft Festival sponsored by the Church of Christ Uniting,
Richfield Springs is June 11th from 9a.m. to 3p.m. in Spring Park, Route 20 Richfield Springs.
- The first annual reunion for current and retired IBM Endicott workers is Saturday, June 11th from 10a.m. to 2p.m. at the Endicott History at Heritage Center, 40 Washington Ave, Endicott. For more information visit the IBM Endicott Employee Reunion page on Facebook.
- The Town Board of the Town of Conklin holds its regular meeting June14th at 6p.m. at the Conklin Town Hall, 1271 Conklin Road, Conklin.
- The Maine Endwell Central School District Board of Education meets June 13th at 7p.m. in the Staff Development Room, 712 Farm to Market Road, Endwell for a public hearing on the Smart School Bond Act Investment Plan followed by the regular Board of Education Meeting.
- The 13th Annual Zoo Brew at the Binghamton Zoo is June 18th from 5 to 8pm. Local breweries, a catered dinner, live music and a visit from the ZooMobile. For more information and tickets, visit ross park zoo dot com.
- Knights of Columbus, 136 Park Ave, Binghamton, is holding a Father’s Day breakfast buffet charitable fund raiser June 19th from 8am until Noon. Cost for adults is $9; Children 10 and under are $4. Includes French toast, Belgian waffles, sausage, ham, eggs, and more.
- The 47th Annual Warren Township Volunteer Fire Company Field Days is June 17th and 18th in Warren Center, PA. Midway opens 6pm on the 17th and 3pm on the 18th.
- Happy Tails No Kill Animal Shelter is raising funds by collecting shoes. Donate now through July 15th at Character Cuts Salon, 15 Elm Street, Towanda; Sparky’s Family Restaurant in Monroeton; and Smile Awhile Ice Cream, Route 409, Wyalusing.
- The Nanticoke Valley Historical Society will host events and tours of their historical buildings in the Town of Maine on Juney 18th and 19th.
- Maine American Legion Post 1390 is holding Jamboree Under the Tent, June 18th from 4 to 8pm; a Father’s Day Breakfast, June 19th from 8am to 1pm; and a Flag Retirement Ceremony, June 21st from 6:30 to 8:30 pm at 2419 Route 26, Maine. The public is welcome to all events.
- Broome County Office for Aging holds an informational nutrition seminar on low fat eating entitled “Get Your FATS Straight” June 23rd at 10:30am at Vestal Senior Center, 201 Main Street, Vestal.
- There will be a free concert entitled “Watts on Tap” June 18th from 6 to 9pm at Trout Ponds Park in Newark Valley. 60s music through today. Bring your lawn chair.
- The Broome County Public Library Knitting Group will participate in World Wide Knit in Public Day, June 18th from 10am to noon at the Otsiningo Park Farmer’s Market. For more information call 778-6451.
- The Leonardsville Fire Department is having a Father’s Day Donation Pancake Breakfast June 19th at the Fire Hall on Mill Street from 7am to 10:30. Takeout available by calling 315-855-4466.
- The next free Chenango County rabies clinic is June 18th at South Otselic Firehouse, 1577 State Highway 26, South Otselic, New York.
- North Afton United Methodist Church, County Road 17A in Afton, will serve a free community dinner on June18th from 5 to 7pm. For more information call 639-1446.
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or firstname.lastname@example.org