What’s Happening in Binghamton
There are several events going on around the Greater Binghamton area over the next few weeks, here is a list of happening in our community.
- The Jewish Community Center of Binghamton hosts its 2nd Annual Breakfast Ball, Sunday, January 29th beginning at 10a.m. at the JCC, 500 Clubhouse Road, Vestal. Children and their families can eat breakfast with their favorite Disney, Marvel and DC characters. Admission if five dollars per person; twenty dollars per family max. Reservations appreciated … call 724-2417 extension 431.
- The Eastern Broome Senior Center, 27 Golden Lane, Harpursville, holds a chili & cornbread fundraiser luncheon, Saturday, January 28th from 11:30a.m. to 2p.m. Salad,
- The Union Endicott Education Foundation is holding a Team Trivia Night, February 3rd at U-E High School starting at 6:30pm. Cost per eight member team is $120. Includes pizza and other refreshments. Deadline to enter is February 1st.
- VFW Post 1536 is holding a Valley Dance on February 3rd from 7 to 11pm at 932 West Lockhart Street, Sayre, P-A. All 18 and older are welcome to attend. Small fee per person includes DJ, beverages and snacks. For more information call 570-888-0145.
- Registration is now open for the Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park’s Winter Zoo School for children. Classes begin February 17th. To learn more and to register visit ross park zoo dot com.
- The Fort Hill American Legion Post 376, Oxford, is collecting items for a military care package for Sergeant Rob Thompson and his unit the 1156th Engineer Company. Donations must be in by February 19th. For more information and a list of items that can be donated, call Jeanie Peterson at 843-2121.
- Help raise money for A Room to Heal at the Hearts for Hope event, February 10th at the Holiday Inn Arena. Food, auction, raffles and much more. Learn more and purchase tickets at hearts for hope dot kintera dot org.
- Learn how to identify constellations and planets in the winter sky at Kopernik Observatory, February 10th from 7 to 8pm. Attendees are welcome to bring their own telescope.
- The Endicott Visitor Center is holding a Sip ‘N Shop Sweetheart Sale, February 9th from 6 to 9pm. Over thirty vendors! The Endicott Auxiliary Police will be on hand raising money for new radios. Admission is free.
- The Broome County Public Library hosts a yoga class starting February 7th and meeting every Tuesday. All are welcome age twelve and up. Register by calling the Library at 778-6451.
- The Oakdale Mall hosts a Bicycle Helmet Giveaway, February 4th from 11am to 1pm. Get your child fitted for a free helmet while supplies last.
- Round Hill Masonic Center, 403 East Main Street, Endicott, is having an all you can eat roast beef dinner, February 5th from 11:30 to 1:30.Ten dollars for adults, 3-50 for children under 12; under five’s are free. Take out available.
- Maine Legion Post 1390 is having a wing night February 4th from 6 to 8pm at 2419 Route 26, Maine, New York. 7-50 for a baker’s dozen; 6-50 for veterans with proof.
- The Knights of Columbus 206 is holding a pizza sale February 3rd from 5 to 9pm with all proceeds going to local charities. Eat in or take out.
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or firstname.lastname@example.org