What’s Happening in Binghamton
Here is a list of upcoming community events going on around the Greater Binghamton area.
- Guthrie Scholarship applications are now available for area high school senior. Applications can be obtained at Guthrie dot org slash press dash releases, at school guidance departments, and from Guthrie offices in Sayre. Deadline for submission is January 20th 2017.
- Support the Hope 607 Project which helps individuals and families in recovery from drug substance abuse by visiting 607 dot com.
- There will be a pasta dinner benefit for Western Broome Meals on Wheels, January 20th from 5:30 to 7:30pm at Round Hill Masonic Center, 403 East Main Street, Endicott. Cost is five dollars; children five and under are free.
- The Mental Health Association of the Southern Tier hosts a fundraising trivia night on January 20th at Atrio Restaurant, 409 Hooper Road, Endwell. Doors open at 6. For tickets go to your m h a dot com, or call MHAST at 771-8888.
- The Jewish Community Center of Binghamton hosts its 2nd Annual Breakfast Ball, Sunday, January 29th beginning at 10a.m. at the JCC, 500 Clubhouse Road, Vestal. Children and their families can eat breakfast with their favorite Disney, Marvel and DC characters. Admission if five dollars per person; twenty dollars per family max. Reservations appreciated … call 724-2417 extension 431.
- The Eastern Broome Senior Center, 27 Golden Lane, Harpursville, holds a chili & cornbread fundraiser luncheon, Saturday, January 28th from 11:30a.m. to 2p.m. Salad,
- The Union Endicott Education Foundation is holding a Team Trivia Night, February 3rd at U-E High School starting at 6:30pm. Cost per eight member team is $120. Includes pizza and other refreshments. Deadline to enter is February 1st.
- VFW Post 1536 is holding a Valley Dance on February 3rd from 7 to 11pm at 932 West Lockhart Street, Sayre, P-A. All 18 and older are welcome to attend. Small fee per person includes DJ, beverages and snacks. For more information call 570-888-0145.
- Registration is now open for the Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park’s Winter Zoo School for children. Classes begin February 17th. To learn more and to register visit ross park zoo dot com.
- The Fort Hill American Legion Post 376, Oxford, is collecting items for a military care package for Sergeant Rob Thompson and his unit the 1156th Engineer Company. Donations must be in by February 19th. For more information and a list of items that can be donated, call Jeanie Peterson at 843-2121.
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or email@example.com