What’s Happening in Binghamton
There are several events going on around the Greater Binghamton area over the next few weeks, here is a list of happening in our community.
- The Knights of Columbus 206 is holding a pizza sale February 3rd from 5 to 9pm with all proceeds going to local charities. Eat in or take out.
- The Union Endicott Education Foundation is holding a Team Trivia Night, February 3rd at U-E High School starting at 6:30pm. Cost per eight member team is $120. Includes pizza and other refreshments. Deadline to enter is February 1st.
- VFW Post 1536 is holding a Valley Dance on February 3rd from 7 to 11pm at 932 West Lockhart Street, Sayre, P-A. All 18 and older are welcome to attend. Small fee per person includes DJ, beverages and snacks. For more information call 570-888-0145.
- The Oakdale Mall hosts a Bicycle Helmet Giveaway, February 4th from 11am to 1pm. Get your child fitted for a free helmet while supplies l
- Maine Legion Post 1390 is having a wing night February 4th from 6 to 8pm at 2419 Route 26, Maine, New York. 7-50 for a baker’s dozen; 6-50 for veterans with proof.
- Round Hill Masonic Center, 403 East Main Street, Endicott, is having an all you can eat roast beef dinner, February 5th from 11:30 to 1:30.Ten dollars for adults, 3-50 for children under 12; under five’s are free. Take out available.
- Registration is now open for the Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park’s Winter Zoo School for children. Classes begin February 17th. To learn more and to register visit ross park zoo dot com.
- The Fort Hill American Legion Post 376, Oxford, is collecting items for a military care package for Sergeant Rob Thompson and his unit the 1156th Engineer Company. Donations must be in by February 19th. For more information and a list of items that can be donated, call Jeanie Peterson at 843-2121.
- Help raise money for A Room to Heal at the Hearts for Hope event, February 10th at the Holiday Inn Arena. Food, auction, raffles and much more. Learn more and purchase tickets at hearts for hope dot kintera dot org.
- Learn how to identify constellations and planets in the winter sky at Kopernik Observatory, February 10th from 7 to 8pm. Attendees are welcome to bring their own telescope.
- The Endicott Visitor Center is holding a Sip ‘N Shop Sweetheart Sale, February 9th from 6 to 9pm. Over thirty vendors! The Endicott Auxiliary Police will be on hand raising money for new radios. Admission is free.
- The Broome County Public Library hosts a yoga class starting February 7th and meeting every Tuesday. All are welcome age twelve and up. Register by calling the Library at 778-6451.
- The Binghamton Pond Festival benefitting the Mental Health Association of the Southern Tier takes place February 10th through 12th at Chenango Valley State Park. In addition to a pond hockey tournament there will be live music, hikes, bonfires and fireworks. For a full list of events visit bing pond fest dot com.
- Support people with disabilities by taking part in the Cupid’s Chase 5k in downtown Binghamton February 11th. To register and learn more visit cupids chase dot org.
- Knights of Columbus Council 206 hosts Hearts for Wheelchairs, February 11th from 6 to 10pm. This mixer will include a DJ, cash bar, hors d’oeuvres, dessert and basket raffle. All proceeds go to the American Wheelchair Mission.
- Broome County residents are invited to celebrate Valentine’s Day at a local senior center beginning at noon on February 14th. Lunch is four dollars for ages 60 and over; five dollars for under 60s. Call the center you plan to attend for reservations by noon on February 13th.
- The Broome County Public Library’s Beading Group meets February 13th at 5:30pm at the library. Open to anyone interested in making jewelry. For more information call 778-6451.
- The Four County Library System’s Cybermobile will be at Saint Mark’s Episcopal Church in Chenango Bridge on February 14th from 10 to 10:45am, and at various location on February 16th. For more information call 723-8236.
- The Owego Dog Owners Group is sponsoring a “Share the Love” event at Hickories Park, Owego, February 11th from 10 to 2. Coffee, treats and a special Valentine’s Day photoshoot.
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or email@example.com