What’s Happening in Binghamton
January First Friday Art, Walk Streets of Binghamton January 6, 2017 Downtown Binghamton Visit over 45 downtown locations including galleries, studios, restaurants and shops. Celebrate Binghamton's growing Art Community.
Here is a list of other community events going on around the Greater Binghamton area over the next week.
- Learn to identify constellations and planets in the winter sky, and how to spot the International Space Station, at Kopernik Observatory, January 13th from 7 to 8pm. Feel free to bring your own telescope.
- The Broome County Public Library will host “Fundamentals of Drawing,” a five-session drawing class for adults, beginning on January 12 at 5:00 pm. Registration is required; please contact the Information Services Department at 607-778-6451.
- The Town of Conklin holds its regular Town Board meeting, January 10th at 6pm at the Conklin Town Hall, 1271 Conklin Road, Conklin.
- VFW Post 1536 is hosting a Valley Dance, January 6th from 7 to 11pm at the banquet room, 932 Lockhart Street, Sayre, P-A. Small fee to attend. Beverages and snacks supplied. Eighteen plus only. For more info call 570-888-0145.
- Guthrie Scholarship applications are now available for area high school senior. Applications can be obtained at Guthrie dot org slash press dash releases, at school guidance departments, and from Guthrie offices in Sayre. Deadline for submission is January 20th 2017.
- Support the Hope 607 Project which helps individuals and families in recovery from drug substance abuse by visiting 607 dot com.
- There will be a pasta dinner benefit for Western Broome Meals on Wheels, January 20th from 5:30 to 7:30pm at Round Hill Masonic Center, 403 East Main Street, Endicott. Cost is five dollars; children five and under are free.
- The Mental Health Association of the Southern Tier hosts a fundraising trivia night on January 20th at Atrio Restaurant, 409 Hooper Road, Endwell. Doors open at 6. For tickets go to your m h a dot com, or call MHAST at 771-8888.
- The Broome County Public Library Beading Group meets January 16th at 5:30 at the library. Open to anyone interested in making jewelry. For more information call 778-6451.
- The Cayuga Nature Center will hold a “School’s Out! MLK Day Camp” on January 16th from 8am to 5pm.
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or firstname.lastname@example.org