What’s Happening in Binghamton
Benefit for a 3 year old boy with Leukemia this Sunday January 15 from 1pm-5pm at the American Legion Post 89, Jensen RD Vestal, more info and other events here.
There will be a benefit on Sunday January 15 from 1pm-5pm at the American Legion Post 89 (118 S Jensen Rd Vestal, NY) for 3 year Cooper Busch, "Super Cooper was born with a genetic disorder called Down Syndrome, on November 7th 2016, he was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia, The benefit will provide attendees with food, door prizes, raffle baskets and fellowship; all funds raised will be given directly to the Busch family as the community surrounds them with love.
For more information about the event or to donate to the family visit the Facebook page: Kick It Cooper or visit the gofundmepage Click HERE
Here is a list of other community events going on around the Greater Binghamton area over the next week.
- Guthrie Scholarship applications are now available for area high school senior. Applications can be obtained at Guthrie dot org slash press dash releases, at school guidance departments, and from Guthrie offices in Sayre. Deadline for submission is January 20th 2017.
- Support the Hope 607 Project which helps individuals and families in recovery from drug substance abuse by visiting 607 dot com.
- There will be a pasta dinner benefit for Western Broome Meals on Wheels, January 20th from 5:30 to 7:30pm at Round Hill Masonic Center, 403 East Main Street, Endicott. Cost is five dollars; children five and under are free.
- The Mental Health Association of the Southern Tier hosts a fundraising trivia night on January 20th at Atrio Restaurant, 409 Hooper Road, Endwell. Doors open at 6. For tickets go to your m h a dot com, or call MHAST at 771-8888.
- The Jewish Community Center of Binghamton hosts its 2nd Annual Breakfast Ball, Sunday, January 29th beginning at 10a.m. at the JCC, 500 Clubhouse Road, Vestal. Children and their families can eat breakfast with their favorite Disney, Marvel and DC characters. Admission if five dollars per person; twenty dollars per family max. Reservations appreciated … call 724-2417 extension 431.
- The Eastern Broome Senior Center, 27 Golden Lane, Harpursville, holds a chili & cornbread fundraiser luncheon, Saturday, January 28th from 11:30a.m. to 2p.m. Salad, bread, beverage, and dessert included … all for just five dollars. Eat in or take out. Live music by Ed Travis of Midnight Star Music.
- Tioga County Tourism is currently working on its 2017 Calendar of Events and invites organizations planning events or activities for the coming year to contact them. Email Lori at info at experience tioga dot com, or call 687-7440 by January 31st.
- The Broome County Office for Aging is seeking volunteers to assist with its Meals on Wheels program. If interested please call778-6205.
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or firstname.lastname@example.org