What’s Happening in Binghamton
Tioga Downs just one of the many places around Greater Binghamton ringing in 2017 with some New Years Eve events that includes a buffet, table game, slot machines and 3 live bands with no cover charge. Check out a list of what’s going on.
Here is a list of other community events going on around the Greater Binghamton area over the next week.
- Downtown Binghamton will be the sight of the 1st Greater Binghamton NYE Ball Drop, party and bring in the new year as State Street in downtown will be blocked off for a celebration with live music on one end and a 75 foot ball drop on the other.
- The Binghamton Discovery Center will hold its New Year’s Eve International 10am to 3pm featuring trips to the four corners of the world from Spain to Sweden and beyond.
- Learn to identify constellations and planets in the winter sky, and how to spot the International Space Station, at Kopernik Observatory, January 13th from 7 to 8pm. Feel free to bring your own telescope.
- The Broome County Public Library will host “Fundamentals of Drawing,” a five-session drawing class for adults, beginning on January 12 at 5:00 pm. Registration is required; please contact the Information Services Department at 607-778-6451.
- The Town of Conklin holds its regular Town Board meeting, January 10th at 6pm at the Conklin Town Hall, 1271 Conklin Road, Conklin.
- VFW Post 1536 is hosting a Valley Dance, January 6th from 7 to 11pm at the banquet room, 932 Lockhart Street, Sayre, P-A. Small fee to attend. Beverages and snacks supplied. Eighteen plus only. For more info call 570-888-0145.
- Guthrie Scholarship applications are now available for area high school senior. Applications can be obtained at Guthrie dot org slash press dash releases, at school guidance departments, and from Guthrie offices in Sayre. Deadline for submission is January 20th 2017.
- Support the Hope 607 Project which helps individuals and families in recovery from drug substance abuse by visiting 607 dot com.
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or email@example.com