The Yard Sale of the Year Is Happening Saturday
This Saturday from 9a to 3p, the Broome County Fairgrounds in Whitney Point will be the ultimate bargain site, with thousands of items and a couple hundred vendors as well.
I thought I would give you a few tips that may help you find the best deals of the day.
- Get there early to get the best stuff, also many times if you are around at the very end of the sale, you can get merchandise that the seller just wants to get rid of, rather than haul it back with them.
- Make a list of what you’re looking for. Example: Lawn equipment, DVD’s. compact discs, books, old toys, etc.
- Have cash in different denominations, most people are funny about checks, and credits card machines are almost non-existent.
- Have an idea on how much you want to spend on a particular item; sometimes being diligent will actually work in your favor with some sellers.
- Have your smart phone with you to look up merchandise, back in the day we couldn’t do this, but in 2015 most of us carry the internet in our pocket.
- If you can’t get a seller to budge on the price, ask them to think about it and stop back before you leave to see if they have reconsidered your offering price.
- Make offers on bulk items, for example, "I’ll give you _____for those CD’s and that toaster"
- Have fun and smile, no one likes a grouchy pessimistic buyer.
Good luck and happy shopping! Hope to see this Saturday!