Fire Damages Kirkwood Home
A space heater too close to flammable material is being eyed as the cause of a two-alarm house fire in Kirkwood late in the morning of December 6.
Two pets were said to have died in the blaze on Main Street. An adult and two children escaped uninjured.
The initial call was reported at 10:34 a.m. and law enforcement arriving on the scene reported seeing flames on the first floor of the home at 140 Main Street.
Get our free mobile app
Firefighters from Kirkwood, Five-Mile Point, West Windsor and Conklin worked at the scene along with law enforcement, medical and emergency services officials.
The Southern Tier Chapter of the American Red Cross had been called in to assist the family.
LOOK: Here are 25 ways you could start saving money today
These money-saving tips—from finding discounts to simple changes to your daily habits—can come in handy whether you have a specific savings goal, want to stash away cash for retirement, or just want to pinch pennies. It’s never too late to be more financially savvy. Read on to learn more about how you can start saving now. [From: 25 ways you could be saving money today]
LOOK: 15 Unconventional Christmas Albums From the Past 50 Years
Four Ways to Detox and Drop Weight After the Holidays