What’s Happening in Binghamton
The “Walk/Run for Wishes,” 5K run and walk to benefit Make-A-Wish Central New York is Saturday, April 30th on the Binghamton University campus. Registration for the family-friendly event is $15 per person and begins at 12:45 p.m.; the walk/run begins promptly at 1:30 p.m. Refreshments will be provided.
Hosted by the university’s Wishmakers on CampusÒ Club in conjunction with Alpha Phi Omega and Kappa Sigma, supports Make-A-Wish Central New York and the children it serves. Beginning and ending in the East Gym Parking Lot (Lot E), the course winds its way through the scenic B.U. campus and provides a competitive 5K run and noncompetitive 5K walk. The theme of the event is “Every Wish Kid Needs a Hero!” Participants are encouraged to dress up as their favorite superhero character.
Here’s a list of community events over the next week
- On Saturday, April 30 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., the Broome County Promise Zone and Whitney Point Preschool & Daycare invite families to join the Annual “Day of Kindness at Whitney Point” - Be kind to yourself, your neighbor and community. This event will take place at the Whitney Point Preschool & Daycare Center, 2496 W. Main Street, in Whitney Point. This event is free and open to the public.
- There will be a Police Week Charity Basketball tournament held on Saturday May 7th starting at 3PM at St. Patrick’s Church, #9 Leroy Street. $10 admission will benefit the family of New York State Trooper Glenn Woods. Admission includes entry to all four games, entertainment, cash raffles, gun raffles and a party following the final game with food and drinks.
- Keller Williams Realty Greater Binghamton is proud to present RED Day benefiting CHOW on Thursday, May 12th. Community members can participate by bringing non-perishable food items to the realty office located at 21 South Washington Street from 9AM to 3PM.
- There will be a Mother’s Day breakfast on Sunday May 8th from 8am till noon at Knights of Columbus, 136 Park Ave. Admission is $9 for adults and $4 for children under 10.
- Help give back to the Rebecca Weitsman Memorial Dog Park on May 7th from 9 to 2 to celebrate New York State’s I Love My Park Day. Assist with the cleanup, improvement, and beautification of this park to keep our furry friends happy. Lunch will be provided for volunteers.
- There will be a vendor fair and dinner on Saturday May 7th at the Kalurah Shriners Center, 625 Dickson St. benefiting a local woman battling ovarian cancer. The vendor fair will take place from 10am to 3pm followed by a chicken and biscuits dinner from 4 to 8pm. Admission to the vendor fair is free and tickets for the dinner will $5 if purchased in advance and $6 at the door. Tickets can be purchased at Gamba’s Auto, 532 North st. Endicott, or by calling Ashley Gamba at 607- 372-4706 or Sarah Hall at 607-972-7076.
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or email@example.com