What’s Happening in Binghamton
RV's Campers, Travel Trailers and more, at the Outdoor and Camping Show at the BU Events Center this Friday through Sunday, see listing of local events here.
Here’s a list of community events over the next week.
- Our 10th annual Outdoor and Camping Show is coming back to the BU Events Center this Friday Noon to 8p, Saturday 10am to 8pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm, for three days of nothing but RV's Campers, Travel Trailers and more.
- The Nimmonsburg United Methodist Church, 918 Upper Front Street, Binghamton, will host a Lenten Fish Fry on March 11th and 18th from 4 to 7PM. Admission is $10 for adults and $5 for children. For more information call 607-724-5421.
- The Whitney Point American Legion Post 974 Auxiliary, 119th Street, Whitney Point, will hold a rummage and cookie sale March 19th from nine to two.
- The West Colesville Fire Company will hold its annual Easter ham party at the fire station, 1305 Colesville Road, Binghamton, on Saturday, March 19th. Doors open at 6 p.m. – party starts at seven. Five dollars at the door. No minors allowed.
- Saint Peter and Paul Orthodox Church, 210 Hill Ave, Endicott, is having an Easter bake sale on Saturday, March 19th from 9 a.m. to noon.
- The Broome County Public Library hosts its Books and Reading Canine Program – which helps children improve reading skills by reading to therapy dogs – on March 19th from 10 a.m. to noon. No registration necessary.
- The Cabin Fever Black Powder Shoot, Flea Market & Gun Show is March 20th from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Whitney Point Sportsmen’s Association, 3124 Route 206, Whitney Point. Vendor tables and parking are free. Breakfast and Lunch will be served. Registration and breakfast begins at 8; open shoot starts at 10.
- The Broome County Library, 185 Court Street, Binghamton, will host a presentation for caregivers entitled “Managing Behaviors of Loved Ones with Alzheimer’s” on Wednesday, March 23rd from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- The Windsor High School Drama & Music Departments present their Annual Spring Musical: Shrek, The Musical; Friday April 1st at 7PM and Saturday April 2nd at 2:30PM and 7PM. $8 advanced reserved seating and $10 at the door. For more information call 655-8250.
- Northern Broome Senior Center, 12 Strong’s Place, Whitney Point, will hold an Ice Cream Social with Elsa and Anna from Frozen on April 10th from 11 to 2PM. Tickets are $3 for kids and $5 for adults. Tickets must be purchased by April 1st. For more information, call 607-692-3405.
- On Thursday, March 31st, the JCC will be holding an informational session about summer camps at the JCC and year round after school programs. The event will be held in the JCC meeting room between 5 and 6:30PM. RSVP’s are encouraged, but walk-ins are welcome as well. For more information, please contact the JCC youth and camp department at 607-724-2417 extension 421.
- The Broome County Office of Aging will offer a proper footwear and cane and walker check on Wednesday, March 30th from 7:30AM to noon at the center court of Oakdale Mall, 601 Harry L. Drive, in Johnson City. Those 60 years of age or older qualify. Pre-registration is suggested. For more information, please call 778-2411.
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or firstname.lastname@example.org