What’s Happening in Binghamton
The Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park Officially opens for the season this weekend with events both Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday April 23rd -World Penguin Day/Party for the Planet Join us as we raise awareness about conservation, sustainable living and making our Earth a better place to live. Stop by the education table located near our African penguins. UEHS students will also have a table on site educating about recycling!
Sunday April 24th - Earth Fest, sponsored by Earth Day Southern Tier, is one of the longest-running celebrations of Earth Day in the nation and a respected Southern Tier institution. The zoo is partnering with Earth Fest to offer a discounted admission when visiting both events. For more Earth Fest information, more info click HERE
Here’s a list of community events over the next week
- There will be a Kidney Benefit for Keith Campbell on April 30th at the Choconut Inn, 10 Quaker Lake Road, Friendsville, from 2pm to midnight. Twelve bands, food from Ozzie’s Brisket, along with raffles, face painting and more. For more information call Kathy Stone at 725-7479.
- The Street Store opens May 1st at Columbus Park, Binghamton from noon to 2:30pm. Free clothing, shoes, haircuts, lemonade and cookies. For all ages.
- The OurSpace project at Recreation Park, Binghamton, needs volunteers to help build a new playground. For more information and to sign up, visit our space park dot org.
- Camp JCC, Clubhouse Road, Vestal, is accepting registrations for its summer camp. Visit Binghamton j c c dot org for more information.
- The Town of Owego Highway Department is in need of seasonal laborers effective immediately. Applications are available at the Town Supervisor’s Office, 2354 State Route 434, Apalachin.
- The Maine American Legion, Route 26, Maine, is hosting a Mother’s Day Chicken Bar-B-Que on May 3rd from noon until sold out. Adults eight dollars; children 6 through 12 are four dollars; children under 5 are free.
- The Endwell Fire Department, 3508 Country Club Road, is holding an indoor rummage sale on April 30th from nine to three. This event is a fundraiser for UNICO Charities, which includes Toys for Tots, CHOW and others.
- There will be a Car Show and Chili Cook-Off Benefiting the Pennsylvania Wounded Warriors on Sunday, May 1st from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm at the Susquehanna County Career Technology Center at Elk Lake School, 2380 Elk Lake School Road, Springville, PA. Chicken BBQ, 50-50 Raffle, Chinese Auction, Flea Market/Craft Fair, Entertainment by DJ Paul. Show Vehicles $10.00, Spectators Free. Paved Show Area. For information call 570-278-9229 extension 6620.
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or email@example.com