Foodie Friday Heart-Healthy Coquille (Scallops) a l’Orange Recipe
Getting ready to mark February as Heart Month and in recognition of American Heart Association Communications Director Central/ Western New York, Kristy Smorol being on the weekly, local public affairs show, Southern Tier Close Up January 29-30, we're going with a heart-healthy recipe.
You can hear more heart-helping tips from Smorol on Close Up.
Coquille a l’Orange (Orange-marinated scallops) - Prep. time about 20 minutes. Serves two.
Okay, I decided to get a little fancy. Which would impress your sweet-heart more, saying you made Coquille a l'Orange or "marinated scallops"?
- ½ lb.medium-sized scallops
- 1/2 C.orange juice
- 1 Tb. olive oil
- 2 tsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- pinch of salt
- Mix together the orange juice, oil, honey, ground ginger and salt.
- Toss the scallops in the marinade and allow to sit, refrigerated, about 10-15 minutes.
- Skewer the scallops and grill over medium/high heat 2-4 minutes each side until firm. (If you aren't grilling, you can sear the scallops in a little bit of olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.)
- Serve over cooked rice, cous cous or quinoas salad. You can drizzle the scallops with a little balsamic vinegar if you like.