Time For The Broome County Parks Spring Photo Contest
Spring is here! Okay, actually spring is already one month old. But as we progress deeper into one of my favorite times of the year, more and more exciting outdoor events are happening or about to happen.
And it's time once again for the annual Broome County Parks Spring Photo Contest. The Winter photo contest winners were chosen in March by the Parks Department - 'Winter is Coming' a photo of Dorchester Park by Sarah Presto, and 'Happy Holidays', a photo of the Aqua-Terra Park by Don William.
For the Spring photo contest, the Broome County Parks requirements include the following:
• One submission per person
• Photos in landscape format are preferred but portrait format is accepted
• Photos must be taken in a Broome County Park during Spring: March 20th to June 12th
• Open to anyone of any age
• Submissions that do not meet requirements will be disqualified
• Photo must be clearly focused on scenery or wildlife
• Photo can be in black & white or color with minimal edits
There are two categories with one winner for each - 'Spring in the Air' and 'Spring Wildlife.' The winning entries will be selected by the Broome County Parks staff on Tuesday June 30th, 2023 through the Parks website and social media.
The Broome County Parks available for your photo include Otsiningo Park; Dorchester Park; Nathaniel Cole Park; Greenwood Park; Aqua Terra Wilderness Area; Roundtop Picnic Area; and Grippen Park, acording to the Broome County Parks Department.
See below for more information, and good luck, photographers!