Bernie Sanders in Binghamton This Morning
It's True Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders will visit Binghamton this morning for a 'Town Hall Meeting' at the Floyd L Maines Memorial Arena.
Senator Bernie Sanders will be speaking in front of what is sure to be a packed house this morning, doors will open at 7 a.m. This morning with. the event expected to start at 10 a.m.
Mayor Richard C. David today outlined the City's steps in preparation for Sen. Bernie Sanders' visit to the Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena on Monday.
"In welcoming Sen. Sanders to our community, the City wants to ensure a smooth event for all visitors and residents," said Mayor David. "Attendees are encouraged to arrive early and plan ahead, as parking is very limited nearby the event location."
The City wishes event attendees to know the following parking information:
- Attendees are encouraged to utilize free public parking made available at NYSEG Stadium, 211 Henry St. This is the best parking location for the event.
- The City's two public garages at State and Water Streets have limited parking and will fill up quickly. Attendees should plan alternate parking options.
- Limited on-street public parking is available Downtown, in residential areas East of the Arena, on Conklin Ave. to the South, and on Front St. to the West.
- Attendees are encouraged to use B.C. Transit buses.
- Attendees are encouraged to carpool.
- Attendees should plan their time accordingly to walk several blocks to reach the venue.
- Motorists can expect traffic delays in the Downtown area until noon Monday.
City officials have worked with the U.S. Secret Service and Sen. Sanders' campaign staff to coordinate security efforts for the event.
For security reasons, attendees should not bring bags and limit what they bring to small, personal items like keys and cell phones. Weapons, sharp objects, chairs, and signs or banners on sticks will not be allowed through security.