What Is The Oddest Thing You Received For Valentine’s Day?
Valentine's Day. My thoughts about this not really a holiday, day? Well, let's just say I have issues with the whole thing. Not trying to be a Grinch about it, but, well let's just leave it at that.
For a couple of years, my wife was on the same page as I was about Valentine's Day. Or so I thought. I learned the hard way to read between the lines.
Dentist And A Dinner
For Valentine's Day, we usually choose a nice place to have dinner after work, and that works for both of us. This year, my wife and I are spending part of our Valentine's Day in the dentist's chair for our semi-annual check-up. It just happened to work out that way. And our dentist is in Elmira, so a nice two-hour round trip is included. How romantic.
As I was telling a co-worker about my Valentine's Day plans to the dentist, we wondered about others who have interesting stories about odd Valentine's Day gifts or adventures. And the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania didn't disappoint.
The Oddest Thing You Received For Valentine's Day
- Oksana S. - Air fryer! But I love it!
- Barbara H. - A Grandson, Adam.
- Victoria P. - Bissell cross wave, but I asked for it!
- Jerrie B. - An oak toilet seat. We were re-doing the bathroom.
- Krissie P. - A husband.
- Traci - T. - A bottle of soda with mini bags of pretzels taped around it from a gas station. I don't drink soda and I don't particularly like pretzels.
- Maggie S. - A baby.
- Danielle B. - A pool stick, but his best "friend" got roses. That he won from a pool tournament. Yeah, that ended shortly after. lol.
- Roxie B. - A microwave range!
- Gail M. - Not oddest but saddest, got test results back and I had breast cancer. So far a 17-year survivor!
- Rosemary L. - Nothing.
- Kathy D. - Stuffed skunk with candy in middle school...lol.
- Joan W. - An electric screwdriver.
- Karen H. - Candy, flowers, and a card never got before, and he passed 2 days later. Not a fan of Valentine's Day.
- Carolyn D. - A food processor.
- Ruth H. - Oil filter for my car.
- Brandi Y. - A comb set and a card with lottery tickets inside.
- Carolyn L. - A wheelhouse tractor.
- Linda D. - Poppa, aka grandpa, always gave me a heart with chocolate candy in it and a big hug. He was sweet and wore old spice.
- Ashley O. - A filing cabinet.
- Stacey K. - Nothing...until the day after he hit up the stores for 50% off, lol!
“It’s Raining Cats and Dogs” and Other Sayings Explained
31 Random Bits of Knowledge That Could Help Save Your Life One Day