What Greater Binghamton May Look Like in 20 Years
Have you ever wondered what our area might look like in 20 or 30 years? Well, I have some ideas, although I have no inside information or a crystal ball to predict what may be two decades from now.
If you asked me this question several years ago, I probably would say lots of tumbleweeds rolling down empty streets, but the Binghamton area has begun a revitalization period with new businesses and bringing back life to the area. Even the landscape of Johnson City is changing, at least around the are where the nursing schools are being developed.
Maybe this is more of a list of things I'd like to see twenty years from now. OK, some I'd like to see now. You are more than welcome to add your thoughts to this list.
1. New restaurants including Chick-Fil-A and Golden Corral. I'd like to see the return of a Dairy Queen and I would be in heaven if a Waffle House were to pop up here. I'll take my hash browns scattered, smothered, covered, chunked & topped, thank you.
2. Flying cars in every driveway. C'mon, we're past due, and the Jetsons promised we'd have them.
3. A state of the art enclosed water park complete with a hotel. That would be awesome for the winter months and a getaway from the heat in the summer.
4. Binghamton University and SUNY Broome continuing to grow and the sports programs becoming more competitive with large universities.
5. If not flying cars, then driverless and crash-proof vehicles. All you do it hop in the car and tell it where to drop you off. Maybe it can park itself and come pick you back up when you're ready.