Doug’s Sports Rap: A Giant Disappointment
If you’re a fan of the New York Football Giants you know that this team never wins easy, so how can a team consistently underachieve year after year.
The Giants 2011 Superbowl run did not come easy, the team entered the playoffs as severe underdogs with virtually no chance of making it to the next round.
Week after week watched Eli Manning lead the team to win after win, which included the Giants Superbowl win over the Patriots.
Aside from one season that was the last time they had a winning team, for here is the reality since the 2011 season.
- The Giants have not won the NFC East since the 2011 season
- The Giants have made the playoffs one time since 2011, and they lost in the NFC Wildcard game in the 2016 season.
- Over the last four seasons, including this one through week five, the Giants are 12 and 41.
- Their last win was December 22, 2019 against Washington.
- They have been outscored this season 133 to 81
- They are the worst in the league in rushing 32nd and 28th in passing
- Their Defense has improved 11th against the pass, 15th against the rush, but still can’t get off the field on 3rd downs, and have blown many coverage assignments leaving opposing receivers wide open.
- The Giant Offensive line has been consistently poor, both Eli Manning, and now Daniel Jones have barely enough time to look up to catch a glimpse of a receiver before the pocket collapses.
Most sports fans understand that your team of choice can’t be good every year (unless you’re the Patriots) BUT how can a team be consistently lousy year after year?
Here’s to another year at the bottom of the NFC East.
[gallery galleryid="501:200309" gallerytitle="Best Uniforms In Each NFL Team's Histo