A welding accident in an attached shed is blamed for starting a fire that destroyed a camping-trailer-turned-home in the Town of Maine.


Broome County Emergency Services officials say the 4:30 p-m fire in the remote location on Town Road near the Greater Binghamton Airport was actually first spotted by the airport tower and took a little time to pin down the address.

Officials say the resident was doing a welding project in the shed attached to the converted camper when some materials ignited and the shed and camper went up in flames.

99.1 The Whale logo
Get our free mobile app

One of the owner’s dogs died in the blaze but authorities had no indications of any people being injured in the fire.

Firefighters from Maine, Union Center and Glen Aubrey responded to the scene along with law enforcement and fire investigators.

CHECK IT OUT: See the 100 most popular brands in America


“It’s Raining Cats and Dogs” and Other Sayings Explained


More From 99.1 The Whale