9 Ways to Keep Busy During ‘Dry January’
Have you heard of 'Dry January?' If you haven't, then you're probably not participating in it, but if you have and are, you might be struggling a little bit right about now since we're just about a week into the new year.
If you're not familiar with 'Dry January,' the concept is pretty simple. People who consumed a little too much during the holidays use the month of January to abstain from alcohol as a way to cleanse their bodies from all the yuck they put into over the last month or so.
If you’re participating in 'Dry January' and you're worried that you might get be tempted to crack open a cold one, or belly up to the car, here are nine things you can do instead of reaching for a drink.
1. Discover a new show and Binge watch it on Netflix
2. Learn to make some recipes you've been waiting to try for a while.
3. Get lost in a book or two. Or three.
4. Put the money you'd have spent on alcohol into a jar so you can see how much you've saved.
5. Reorganize your living space.
7. Grab a drink of water whenever you feel like reaching for alcohol.
8. Volunteer your time. There are so many places right here in the Binghamton area that would love an extra set of hands.
9. Get a side job for the month for the rest of the month.
[via The Independent]