5 Fun ‘Fall’ Things To Do This Weekend
I really can't believe that October is half way over already. It seems like only yesterday we said goodbye to summer. Autumn is breezing by and for many of us, we really haven't had a chance to get comfortable in the new season. The secret is to get out there and enjoy all that fall has to offer in the Southern Tier. And I'm here to help.
In addition to going apple picking, visiting pumpkin farms, sipping cider and watching football, there are a number of noteworthy events happening in and around Binghamton this weekend (October 15 and 16):
- Fall Foliage 2016 - Get a jump on your holiday shopping with 40 vendors showcasing unique items for sale. Great food and food compliments this fun event in its' second year. Saturday (October 15) from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Towanda Fire Department, 101 Elm Street in Towanda, PA.
- Pumpkin Painting - The Magic Paintbrush Project has helped so many families in the Southern Tier learn to express themselves and Sunday (October 16) from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m, they will be doing their sensory friendly pumpkin painting party at their Oakdale Mall center on Harry L. Drive in Johnson City. Costs include your pumpkin and all materials. Reach out to The Magic Paintbrush Project with any questions at (607) 729-5059.
- Pop Culture Collector's Show - Taking place at Tioga Downs Casino in Nichols, New York, Sunday (October 16) 11:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.., here's your chance to take in tables and tables of comics, action figures, sports memorabilia, games and much more. Free admission.
- Monster Bash - Beautiful-- Newark Valley hosts a family-friendly event at Trout Ponds Park, Sunday (October 16) from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., that includes hay rides, bounce houses, pumpkin decorating, face painting, free games, live music, apple cider and fall foods, and a flea market. Kids and adults are encouraged to come in costume and enter the costume contest. Admission and parking is free.
- Zombie Run 5K - benefits Maine Endwell's Wellness Program, Sunday (October 16) 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Vestal Coal House, 204 Stage Road in Vestal. Dress up as zombies and run and walk for a great cause. There will be prizes for best and scariest zombies as well as age group and overall awards. This is a USATF Certified 5K course and there will be official results posted.