What’s Happening in Binghamton
The ultimate fall event, the Whale Insane Inflatable 5K is this Saturday October 8th at the Broome-Tioga Motorsports Complex in Richford, more info and other local events here.
This Saturday October 8th, at the Broome-Tioga Motorsports Complex in Richford,
Come play on 11 of the worlds largest, craziest, and most extreme inflatables in this bouncing air filled obstacle course.
Get your co-workers, friends and family members involved and put a team together.
Just a few more days, so get signed up now and be prepared to walk, run, and jump around on this big inflatable obstacle course.
Here’s a list of community events over the next week
- North Fenton United Methodist Church, Route 79, Fenton, will hold a rummage and bake sale Friday, October 7th from 8a.m. to 1p.m. and a bag sale Saturday, October 8th from 8a.m. to 11a.m.
- `The Binghamton Zoo’s “25th Annual Boo at the Zoo” is October 14th, 15th, 21st and 22nd from 6:30pm to 9pm. Walk through a haunted zoo filled with zombies, ghouls, spiders and clowns. Tickets are six dollars for members; eight dollars for non-members, and are available at the Zoo ticket booth. This event is not recommended for children under 10. For more information visit ross park zoo dot com.
- The Southern Tier Independence Center’s “Haunted Hall of Horrors” is open Fridays and Saturdays through October 29th at 135 East Frederick Street, Binghamton. Admission is fifteen dollars. For more information visit www dot h h h dash s t i c dot com.
- The Humane Society’s “Bowl-A-Rama” bowling tournament fundraiser is October 15th at 1pm at Midway Lanes, Vestal. Twenty dollars per person includes three games of bowling, shoe rental, pizza, wings and soda. Payment due by October 13th. Call Kim Broderick at 724-3709 to register, or go to b c humane s o c dot com.
- The Broome County Urban League presents the “Lights on Afterschool Showcase” October 21st from 4:30 to 5:30 at the United Presbyterian Church, 42 Chenango Street, Binghamton. Talent Show, Art Show, Poem Reading, and Raffle Baskets.
- The Broome County Public Library is hosting the following events: a meeting of the Beading Group on October 17th at 5:30pm; a meeting of the Knitting Group on October 18th at 5:30pm; and a series of Computer Classes beginning October 19 at 4:30pm. For more information on these events call the library at 778-6451.
- The Tiahwaga Community Players present a showing of the film “Sharing the Rough”, a documentary following the journey of a colored gemstone from mine to market, October 19th at 7pm. For more information call Conti Jewelers at 786-9670.
- The Woodrow Wilson Alumni Association’s Annual Homecoming Luncheon is October 15th at 12:30 at Saint Michael’s Hall, Clinton Street, Binghamton. Tickets are twenty-two dollars. Email Loretta Curtin at g mail dot com.
- The Conklin Presbyterian Church, 1175 Conklin Ave, Conklin, holds a Harvest Festival, October 15th from 10 to 3 which includes a café, theme baskets, bake sale, gently used books, CDs and a rummage sale.
- The Kirkwood United Methodist Church, 255 Main Street, Kirkwood, holds a chicken and biscuit dinner, October 15th from 4:30 to 6:00pm. Family style. Nine dollars for adults, five dollars for children, under 5’s are free.
- A New Hope Center, Owego, holds a Candlelight Vigil, October 20th to remember those lost to, and survivors of, domestic violence. This free event is at Saint Paul’s Episcopal Church, 117 Main Street, Owego beginning at 6pm.
- Maine American Legion Post 1390 is hosting a chicken and biscuit dinner, October 15th from 4 to 7:00pm. Eight dollars for adults, four dollars for children 6 to 8, children under 5 are free. Seven dollars for veterans with proof.
- The Troy Volunteer Fire Department’s annual craft show fundraiser is October 15th from 10am to 3pm at the Troy Fire Department. Admission is free. Food available. Interested vendors call Donna May at 570-529-0687.
- The Moose Lodge in Owego is holding a chicken bbq and bake sale, October 15th from 11:30am until sold out. Ten dollars for half chicken, baked beans, salt potatoes, and roll. For pre-sale tickets leave a message at 607-786-9749.
- The Northern Broome Senior Center, 12 Strongs Place, Whitney Point, is holding a Penny Social, October 21st beginning at 4:30pm. Fun for the whole family and enjoy a meal of reasonably priced foods.
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or email@example.com