Endicott Fire Department officials say two people were forced into the cold when a blaze broke out in their apartment.

The fire at 410½ Jackson Avenue was reported around 3:15 p.m. Thursday.

Endicott firefighters brought the blaze under control in about ten minutes. No injuries were reported.

An Endicoptt firefighter at 410½ Jackson Avenue on January 13, 2022. (Photo: Bob Joseph/WNBF News)
An Endicoptt firefighter at 410½ Jackson Avenue on January 13, 2022. (Photo: Bob Joseph/WNBF News)
loading...

Village fire marshal Brian Botsford said there are four units in the two story building.

Botsford said the blaze broke out in the kitchen of an apartment on the first floor. He said it was caused by a malfunctioning refrigerator.

Fire damaged was confined primarily to the kitchen. The Red Cross was called to assist the two residents of the apartment.

Broome County property records show the building is owned by CSBW Realty of Monsey, New York.

Enter your number to get our free mobile app

Contact WNBF News reporter Bob Joseph: bob@wnbf.com. For breaking news and updates on developing stories, follow @BinghamtonNow on Twitter.

LOOK: The least obedient dog breeds

READ ON: Weird, wild UFO sightings from throughout history

 

More From 99.1 The Whale