Seven Tips To Help You File Your 2020 Tax Return
Many Americans have been so caught up in the pandemic, that they forgot about the tax filing deadline, which is this Monday May 17, 2021.
The NYS Department of taxation and finance is reminding people that as the deadline nears, there is free filing software, and assistance available to those who need help filing their returns.
According to a news release from the NYSDTF over nine million returns have been processed with close to five million refunds issued.
If you’re a New York State resident and haven’t filed your return yet, don’t panic you still have time and the following information may help you in completing your 2020 tax return.
- You can file your tax return for free, CLICK HERE
- There is free filing software available to you CLICK HERE
- If you are in need of assistance, and your adjusted federal income in 2020 was $72,000 or less, free help is available, you can sign up for a free virtual session CLICK HERE
- E-Filing is the fastest way to receive your refund, in most cases up to two weeks sooner, and its safe and more efficient, and you can have your refund directly deposited into your checking or savings account, instead of the paper check in the mail.
- You can also check the status of your New York State tax refund CLICK HERE
- If you need to speak to someone directly, representatives are available Monday Through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm, and will be available until 7:30pm on May 17th
- This information should help you successfully file your 2020 New York State and Federal tax returns, here is a great place to begin, CLICK HERE