What’s Happening In Binghamton
This weekend many adults and children will be attending Halloween parties, be safe and stay alert behind the wheel, check out a list of other local events here.
Here’s a list of community events over the next week:
- Goodwill Theatre will host the first neighborhood Trunk or Treat on Monday, October 31 from 5:30-7:30pm. Local businesses and organizations will hand out candy from decorated car trunks and truck beds, and the Schorr Family Firehouse Stage will offer tours of its kid-friendly “haunted house”, as well as popcorn and punch.
- There will be a Holly Day Fair, November 11th and 12th at Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish Center, 701 West Main Street, Endicott from 9 to 4 both days. Crafts, gifts, collectibles and more, with lunch served from 11 to 2.
- The Broome County Public Library is hosting a DIY bath products class, November 5th at 10am. Space is limited. Please call 778-6451 to reserve a spot.
- Main American Legion Post 1390, Route 26, Maine, hosts a Turkey Raffle, November 5th beginning at 7pm. Donation of four dollars, three dollars for veterans. Food and beverages available. Eighteen and over only.
- The Major’s Inn, Gilbertsville, holds a Holiday Bazaar, November 11th and 12th from 10 to 4. Lunch available both days. Children can build an ornament for five dollars. All proceeds go toward restoration of the Inn.
- The Union Endicott Schools Craft Show is November 5th from 9am to 3pm at Jennie F. Snapp Middle School, 101 Loder Ave, Endicott. Over 75 crafters plus food, beverages and 50/50 raffle. Proceeds benefit the School and Community Assistance Program.
- Vine’s 5th Annual Coffee Bag Silent Auction will be November 12th from 3 to 5pm at Laveggion Roasteria. Artists and crafters interested in creating items for the event can sign up online at vines gardens dot org, or by calling 607-205-8108 by November 5th.
- The Northern Broome Senior Center is having their Annual Craft Fair, November 5th from 9 to 2. Crafters interested in participating can call 607-692-3405.
- The Four County Cybermobile will be at Saint Mark’s Episcopal Church, Chenango Bridge, on November 8th from 10 to 10:45, and at various location on November 10th. For full schedule call 723-8236 and dial zero for the operator.
- VFW Auxiliary Post 1371, 207 Main Street, Owego, hosts a Paddle Party & Quarter Auction, November 6th. Preview at 1pm; bidding begins at 2. Food and beverages available for purchase.
- North Fenton United Methodist Church, corner of Routes 369 and 79, hosts an Election Day Bazaar, November 8th, from 11am to 7pm featuring chicken & biscuits, scalloped potatoes, ham, baked goods and crafts.
- Boy Scout Troop 236 hold their annual Spaghetti Dinner fundraiser, November 5th from 4:30 to 7:30pm at Northminster Presbyterian Church at the corners of Hooper and Farm to Market Roads in Endwell. Cost is seven dollars for adults, six dollars for children 5 to 12, children under five are free. Take out available.
- Harpursville United Methodist Church, 3500 Route 79, Harpursville, hosts a Turkey Dinner, November 5th from 4:30 to 7pm.
- There is a Lasagna Dinner at the Triangle Fire Station, Route 206, Triangle, on November 5th from 4 to 7pm. Adults eight dollars; children 5 to 12 are five dollar; kids under 5 are free.
- There will be a Casino/Turkey party, November 5th from 5 to 8:30pm at All Saints Church, 42 Harry L. Drive, Johnson City. Seven dollar admission includes food and drink. Twenty-one and older only.
- There is a free Rabies Clinic for dogs, cats, and domesticated ferrets, November 5th from 9:30 to 11am at the Sherburne Firehouse, 15 West State Street, Sherburne. Donations gratefully accepted.
- There will be a benefit for Kim Shoemaker to help in her battle against cancer, November 4th from 6 to 11pm at the Elks Lodge in Norwich. Ten dollars per person includes Ziti and salad dinner, plus music. Chinese auction as well.
- Join Brassieres for Hope, October 30th from 1 to 4pm at the Vestal Elks Lodge, 2071 Vestal Parkway, Vestal. Chinese auction, gift baskets, auction and 50/50 raffles. All proceeds benefit Traci’s Hope Foundation.
- Nimmonsburg United Methodist Church presents a Trunk or Treat Spectacular, October 29th from 4 to 6pm. In addition to trunk or treat, there will be a costume parade, a bounce house, Karaoke, food and vendors. Rain or shine.
- Maine American Legion Post 1390 will hold a Trick or Trunk, October 31st from 6 to 8pm. A scary, fun-filled time for all.
- Join the Humane Society for a night of fun, prizes, and raffles at their Top Dog Fall Team Trivia Night, November 4th from 6 to 9pm at the American Legion Post 89, 118 Jensen Road, Vestal. Cash prizes, raffles, and door prizes. Admission is fifteen dollars per person and includes dinner. For more information call Kim Broderick at 724-3709.
- The Broome County Public Library’s Hungry Ear program presents two dramatic tales of suspense and horror – Ambrose Bierce’s “The Middle Toe of the Right Foot” and “The Landlady” by Roald Dahl and Jim Michalec, October 31st at 5:30pm.
- There will be a Spaghetti Dinner fundraiser for Terry Birmingham, October 30th from 1 to 6pm at the American Legion Post 89, 118 Jensen Road, Vestal. Eight dollars for adults, four dollars for kids 5 through 15. Chinese auction, bake sale and music as well.
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or email@example.com