What’s Happening in Binghamton
Kopernik Observatory’s Winter Star Party, is this Saturday February 18th from 6 to 10pm. Attendees can view the winter constellations, more events here..
- Amateur astronomers are invited to Kopernik Observatory’s Winter Star Party, February 18th from 6 to 10pm. Attendees can view the winter constellations and enjoy a presentation about the observatory’s namesake Nicholas Copernicus by Friar George Coyne of the Vatican Observatory.
- Registration is now open for the Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park’s Winter Zoo School for children. Classes begin February 17th. To learn more and to register visit ross park zoo dot com.
- The Fort Hill American Legion Post 376, Oxford, is collecting items for a military care package for Sergeant Rob Thompson and his unit the 1156th Engineer Company. Donations must be in by February 19th. For more information and a list of items that can be donated, call Jeanie Peterson at 843-2121.
- The Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park is hosting Winter Zoo School over President’s Day Weekend with classes for children ages four through ten. For more information or to register visit ross park zoo dot com, or call 724-5461 extension 235.
- The Binghamton Library’s Knitting Group will meet February 21st at 5:30pm. The group is open to knitters of all skill levels. For more information call Sherry Kowalski at 778-6451.
- Caregivers are invited to attend a free presentation by physical therapists from UHS Home Care entitled “Reduce Falls and Protect Your Back.” The program is February 21st from 1 to 3pm at the Broome County Public Library. To pre-register call 778-2411.
- Broome County seniors, family and friends are invited to attend a President’s Day luncheon beginning at noon on February 22nd. Reservations are required by noon February 21st and can be made by calling the senior center you plan to attend.
- The Cayuga Nature Center hosts “School’s Out! Winter Camp” February 20th through 24th. For more information contact Marissa Zuckerman at the Cayuga Nature Center.
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or firstname.lastname@example.org