What’s Happening in Binghamton
The Southern Tier Independence Center’s “Haunted Hall of Horrors” is open Fridays and Saturdays through October 29th at 135 East Frederick Street, more info and events here.
Binghamton. Admission is fifteen dollars. For more information visit www dot h h h dash s t i c dot com.
Here’s a list of community events over the next week
- The Binghamton Zoo’s “25th Annual Boo at the Zoo” is October 21st and 22nd from 6:30pm to 9pm. Walk through a haunted zoo filled with zombies, ghouls, spiders and clowns. Tickets are six dollars for members; eight dollars for non-members, and are available at the Zoo ticket booth. This event is not recommended for children under 10. For more information visit ross park zoo dot com.
- The Broome County Sheriff’s Office will participate in “National Prescription Drug Take Back Day”, October 22nd from 10 to 2. Collection will include unwanted, outdated or unused prescription or over-the-counter medications. For locations contact the Broome County Sheriff’s Office.
- Mom’s House hosts its “Night of Hope”, October 27th from 6 to 9pm at the Binghamton Country Club, Endwell. The evening celebrates 28 years of helping low-income, single parents complete their education.
- Temple Concord hosts a “Spirit & Spirits Costume Ball” October 22nd from 9pm to midnight. Music, hors d’oeuvres, cash bar, entertainment and more. Proceeds benefit the YWCA of Binghamton & Broome County. For tickets visit y w c a binghamton dot org.
- Knights of Columbus Council 206 hosts its Annual Turkey Party, October 28th from 7 to 10pm at 136 Park Ave, Binghamton. Door prizes, cash bar, free refreshments and snacks. Six dollar donation.
- Endwell United Methodist Church hosts a roast beef dinner, October 22nd from 4 to 7pm. Roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy and more. Adults ten dollars, children under 12 are five dollars, children under 5 are free. Take-out available.
- The Broome County Doll Club celebrates its 60th anniversary with a luncheon and the Empire State Doll & Bear Show, October 23rd at the Doubletree by Hilton, Binghamton. For more information, visit the Broome County Doll Club page on Facebook.
- The Broome County Public Library hosts a “Read for the Record” event, October 27th from 10am to noon. The event seeks to early learning by encouraging children and adults to take part in the world’s largest shared reading experience. For more information call the library at 778-6456.
- There will be a free Halloween themed trivia night to benefit Southern Tier Veterans beginning at 9pm, Thursday, October 27th at Matty B’s on the corner of Prospect Street and Glenwood Ave in Binghamton. A costume contest, spin-to-win wheel, and 50/50 raffle will be held to raise money for Southern Tier Veterans.
- There will be a benefit for Kim Shoemaker to help in her battle against cancer, November 4th from 6 to 11pm at the Elks Lodge in Norwich. Ten dollars per person includes Ziti and salad dinner, plus music. Chinese auction as well.
- Join Brassieres for Hope, October 30th from 1 to 4pm at the Vestal Elks Lodge, 2071 Vestal Parkway, Vestal. Chinese auction, gift baskets, auction and 50/50 raffles. All proceeds benefit Traci’s Hope Foundation.
- Nimmonsburg United Methodist Church presents a Trunk or Treat Spectacular, October 29th from 4 to 6pm. In addition to trunk or treat, there will be a costume parade, a bounce house, Karaoke, food and vendors. Rain or shine.
- Maine American Legion Post 1390 will hold a Trick or Trunk, October 31st from 6 to 8pm. A scary, fun-filled time for all.
- Join the Humane Society for a night of fun, prizes, and raffles at their Top Dog Fall Team Trivia Night, November 4th from 6 to 9pm at the American Legion Post 89, 118 Jensen Road, Vestal. Cash prizes, raffles, and door prizes. Admission is fifteen dollars per person and includes dinner. For more information call Kim Broderick at 724-3709.
- The Broome County Public Library’s Hungry Ear program presents two dramatic tales of suspense and horror – Ambrose Bierce’s “The Middle Toe of the Right Foot” and “The Landlady” by Roald Dahl and Jim Michalec, October 31st at 5:30pm.
- There will be a Spaghetti Dinner fundraiser for Terry Birmingham, October 30th from 1 to 6pm at the American Legion Post 89, 118 Jensen Road, Vestal. Eight dollars for adults, four dollars for kids 5 through 15. Chinese auction, bake sale and music as well.
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or firstname.lastname@example.org