What’s Happening in Binghamton
The Second Annual D.W. Smith Jr. Memorial Remembrance Run / Walk will be held May 22, 2016 at 9:00AM. Proceeds of the race will benefit the D.W. Smith memorial fund which will cover the expense of 'C.O.PS" Retreats for the Smith family and the David W. Smith Jr Scholarship fund at Johnson City High School which is awarded to one student each year going into the criminal justice field
Here’s a list of community events over the next week
- The Vestal Elks Lodge will also be holding a Pancake Breakfast Benefit on Saturday May 14th from 8a to 11a at the Vestal Elks Lodge 2071 Vestal Parkway West, Vestal, proceeds will go to Traci's Hope and Vestal Elks Club Veteran Committee.
- The Family Enrichment Network hosts its first annual Walk for Diversity, Saturday, May 21st from 10a.m. to 11:30a.m. at Recreation Park, Binghamton. Donations help support children and families in the Southern Tier. Please wear Blue, White, Yellow, or Red to show your support.
- All Broome County parks open Saturday, May 28th with free admission and will be open from 8a.m. to dusk daily through Labor Day, September 5th. For more information call 778-2193.
- The Endicott Alumni Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity will hold its 4th annual Chicken BBQ Scholarship Fundraiser at the Tractor Supply Co. parking lot, 154 Vestal Parkway West in Vestal, Saturday, May 21st from 11:00 to 6:00. Dinners are eight dollars. Proceeds fund scholarships for local, college-bound high school students.
- The Penny Memorial Day Bluegrass Festival is May 27th through May 29th at 199 Wrench Lane in Bainbridge. Lots of old-time music and raffles. Camping available. For more information call Don Hardic at 570-934-2507.
- VINES will host a Composting for Gardeners Workshop, May 21st at 1p.m. at Laurel Ave Community Garden, 128 Laurel Ave, Binghamton.
- The Johnson City Senior Center, 30 Brocton Street, Johnson City, will give a presentation about a new hiking group on May 26th at 10:30a.m. For more information call the Office for Aging at 778-2411.
- The Port Crane Fire Company will be having a chicken bbq, flea market and car show, Saturday, May 21st starting at 10a.m. at the fire station across from Chenango Valley State Park
- The Broome County Public Library Book Club will discuss Being Mortal at its meeting Thursday, June 2 at 6p.m. at the library, 185 Court Street, Binghamton. All are welcome to attend. For more information call 778-6451.
- The Apalachin Fireman’s Field Days are June1st through June 4th. For more information and a schedule of events visit Facebook slash Apalachin F D.
- The Broome County Office for Aging hosts “Get Your FATS Straight” – a free, informational seminar on fats and healthy eating … May 31st at the Northern Broome Senior Center, Whitney Point, and on June 2nd at the Eastern Broome Senior Center, Harpursville. To learn more call 778-2298.
- VFW Post 1536 will have a Valley Dance on June 3rd in the banquet room at 932 Lockhart Street, Sayre. All 18 and older are welcome. Music, beverages and snacks included with a small per person fee at the door. To learn more call 570-888-0040.
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or email@example.com