What’s Happening in Binghamton
The Binghamton Senators have teamed up with the American Cancer Society for their annual Face-Off Against Cancer night on Saturday, April 9th. Tickets start at just $16 with $2 from every ticket going to the American Cancer Society.
Fans are encouraged to visit the various caner awareness displays and meet the 2016 American Cancer Society Relay for Life teams that will be present throughout the arena concourse. Many teams will feature raffles and prizes to encourage donations.
Here’s a list of community events over the next week
- Harpursville United Methodist Church holds a baked ham dinner April 9th from 4:30 to 6:30 at the stone church on Route 79 next to the fire station. Eight dollars for adults; three-fifty for children 5 through 12; kids under 5 are free.
- The Broome County Public Library opens their new Creation Station beginning April 11th. This space is open to the public and will include computers, printers, a sewing machine and a Cricut machine and is designed to encourage creative endeavors. For days and times call the library at 778-6451.
- A public hearing on the Village of Johnson City Tentative Budget for 2016-17 Fiscal Year will be held April 12th at 7pm at Village Hall, 243 Main Street.
- Little Meadows United Methodist Church holds a rummage and bake sale April 9th form 9am to 2pm at 843 Pennsylvania Ave, Little Meadows. Lunch available. Bag sale begins at 1pm.
- Sanitaria Springs Fire Company holds a spaghetti dinner April 9th starting at 4pm. All you can eat. Adults seven dollars; kids 5 through 12 are five dollars; kids under five are free.
- The Madrigal Choir of Binghamton presents “Tanzen and Singen: Music in Motion” April 9th at 3pm at the Endicott Performing Arts Center, 102 Washington Ave, Endicott. Get tickets at the door and at various locations. Fifteen dollars for adults; five dollars for students with ID; thirty-five dollars for a family. Visit Madrigal Choir dot com for ticket locations.
- Broome County Office for Aging presents a “Savvy Saving Seniors Workshop” April 12th at 12:15 at Northern Broome Senior Center, 12 Strong Place, Whitney Point; and on April 19th at 10a.m. at Lourdes on Shippers Road, Vestal. Call 778-2411 for more information.
- The Binghamton University Crew Club holds its annual John McKenna Memorial 5k, April 9th at Recreation Park, Binghamton, which raises money for various military assistance causes. For more information call Alec Weidman at 585-645-4499.
- The Oxford Fire Station will hold a spaghetti dinner benefit for Mindy and Trevor Natoli on Saturday, April 16th from 5 to 8PM. Free will donation at the door and $8 pre-order takeout. All proceeds will go directly to Mindy and Trevor for medical costs, travel expenses, etc. If interested in takeout please email firstname.lastname@example.org and for more information email email@example.com.
- Visions Federal Credit Union will host Monte Carlo Night 2016 at The Binghamton Club, 83 Front Street, on Friday April 22 from 6 to 10 PM. Tickets are $30 per person with all proceeds to benefit the Family Enrichment Network. For more information call Shannon at 607-723-8313 extension 847.
- The Whitney Point American Legion Auxiliary Post 974, located at 119th street in Whitney Point, is having a lasagna dinner on April 16th from 5 to 7PM. Proceeds will go to a local veteran. Tickets are $8 for adults, $7 for veterans, with proper ID, and $5 for children 5 to 12 years old. Children under 5 eat free. For more information please contact Carol at 607-768-4575.
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or firstname.lastname@example.org