Boa Constrictor Ends up in Bed With Upstate New York Man
When I was younger, my friends and I used to catch snakes and put them in a fish tank on my neighbor's back porch. We would keep them as pets for a couple of days until his parents would set them free in the backyard. As I've gotten older, I've realized that I'm not very fond of snakes. Especially ones that can kill you. It boggles my mind that somebody would keep a dangerous snake as a pet. But, to each his own I guess. Except, in this case, it wasn't even this guy's snake.
According to Syracuse.com, a guy in Pulaski got the shock of his life a few weeks ago when a 6-foot boa constrictor fell through his ceiling and landed on him while he was sleeping. Can you imagine waking up out of a dead sleep to find a boa constrictor laying on top of you in bed? How long would it take for you to realize that you weren't dreaming and that this actually happened? According to Syracuse.com, the snake belonged to the people in the apartment above the man. Somehow it managed to sneak through the floor and fell through the ceiling. According to the report, neither the guy nor the snake was hurt.
Seriously people, if you are going to have a dangerous snake as a pet you really need to make sure that you are not putting other people at risk. If this happened to me, my first reaction would probably be to kill the snake or I would run away screaming like a little girl. I don't think I would be able to sleep again for the rest of my life.