5 Reasons To Visit The Broome County Fair
I love fairs! There is so much to see, plus you get exercise from all the walking.
Seriously, the Broome County Fair is our chance to show our pride in the area we live simply by being there. If you need more reasons, let me break it down for you.
1. Entertaining and informative attractions. Having fun and learning can be a great combination. You can do both with attractions like chainsaw carving, Commerford Petting Zoo, miniature horse pulls and more.
2. The Grandstand Shows. I love this part! There is something about waiting all year for the demo derby, rodeo, truck pulls and atv drags and horse pulls that are cool. I think the rodeo is my favorite. Every night is something different.
3. The Midway. The games are fun. So you may not win,but trying your luck is a must! Then there are the rides. You can get spun tossed or thrown around, but I prefer the ferris wheel and the carousel.
4. 4-H Exhibits. I think this is one part of many fairs that gets overlooked. Kids have spent all year learning about their animals, taking care of them, breeding them and all that. This is their time to shine and show off their hard work. The kids get ribbons and recognition, but it would be nice to see the support the community gives them.
5. The Food. This is pretty obvious, but I will stress it anyway. This is the one time during the year that you can get delicacies like friend Oreos, funnel cakes, deep fried Twinkies or even a deep fried PB&J sandwich. Hello! I am in!
The Fair runs through the 28th. You can get the schedules and info here. Some details you need now are: