Pellet Stove Ash Blamed for Town of Fenton House Fire
Fire officials say ash from burning wood pellets is to blame for a fire that destroyed the home of a family of four in the Town of Fenton just weeks before Christmas.
The Dixon family was able to escape unharmed when their home on Porter Hollow Road burned in the two-alarm blaze that was reported at around 8 p.m. December 9.
Firefighters from a dozen departments spent hours on the scene with the last crews finally returning to their stations at 12:42 a.m. December 10.
Meanwhile, the community has rallied to collect donations of clothing for the father, mother, two year old daughter and five year old son. Donations are being accepted at the Fenton Town Hall, the Lisle Fire Company and the Lisle Inn. A GoFundMe page is also set up for monetary contributions.