A woman was transported to a hospital following a blaze in downtown Johnson City.

The fire in a second-floor apartment in a building at 205 Main Street was reported shortly before 5 p.m. Monday.

The property owner said it was a cooking-related fire. He said it happened in one of the six units in the two-story building. Three of the apartments were occupied.

A fire department supervisor said damage was confined to the stove and a wall.

A Union Volunteer Emergency Squad ambulance crew evaluated the woman for possible smoke inhalation before transporting her to a hospital.

Police and fire units on Avenue B near Main Street on February 15, 2021. (Photo: Bob Joseph/WNBF News)
Enter your number to get our free mobile app

Contact WNBF News reporter Bob Joseph: bob@wnbf.com

For breaking news and updates on developing stories, follow @BinghamtonNow on Twitter.

LOOK: The least obedient dog breeds