Binghamton Man Guilty In Home Invasion in Which Woman Was Injured
A jury has convicted a man in connection with a daytime Binghamton home invasion during which two people terrorized a 29-year-old woman.
40-year-old Quintin Wilson of Binghamton was found guilty by a Broome County Court jury. He was convicted of two counts of burglary, along with obstructing governmental administration and endangering the welfare of a child.
Prosecutors said Wilson and another man kicked in the door of a home on Julian Street in the First Ward on March 5, 2021.
The woman who was inside the residence told WNBF News she had just gotten out of the shower when she heard what "sounded like my door getting kicked in." She said one of the men who barged into her residence was armed with a revolver.
The woman said she tried to confront the intruders with a shotgun but the weapon was taken from her during a struggle. She said she was held down and repeatedly struck in the face by the man with the handgun. She said she was knocked down a couple of times and dragged by her hair.
The men took the shotgun and another gun from the woman's home after about ten minutes.
Authorities said Wilson was tracked through surveillance recordings and DNA that was left at the scene. He was apprehended about three months later.
According to the Broome County district attorney's office, Wilson has a criminal history going back about two decades. He previously was convicted of sexual abuse, stolen property and drug charges.
Wilson is scheduled to be sentenced on June 9.
Contact WNBF News reporter Bob Joseph: email@example.com or (607) 545-2250. For breaking news and updates on developing stories, follow @BinghamtonNow on Twitter.
How Many in America: From Guns to Ghost Towns
CHECK IT OUT: Here Are the 77 Most '70s Things About 1977
LOOK: 50 images of winning moments from sports history