Are you in need of a passport, but can't get to Binghamton during regular business hours to get it taken care of? Broome County has your solution.

According to a news release from Joseph Mihalko, Broome County Clerk, an after-hours Passport Fair will be held on February 15, 2024, from 5 to 7 p.m.

American Passport

Making an appointment in advance is required. During the Passport Fair, application forms will be available to complete along with photos taken for your passport.

Our office is holding this event as a convenience to our friends and neighbors around Broome County who need to obtain a passport but may not be able to come into our downtown Binghamton office during normal business hours. - Broome County Clerk Joe Mihalko

To schedule an appointment, click HERE or HERE for the form to fill out. The passport fair will be in the Broome County Clerk’s Office located in the Broome County Office Building, 60 Hawley Street, Binghamton. Ground-level parking is free for persons making passport reservations.

What To Bring To The Passport Fair

The Broome County Clerk's Office notes to:

  • Bring an original or a certified copy of your birth certificate with a raised seal and both parent's names
  • Photo ID
  • Two checks to cover the fees

Also, have your parents' places and dates of birth to correctly fill out the passport application. Parents must be present for children under 18 needing a passport application.


What is the Difference Between a Passport Book And A Passport Card?

U.S. Passport Books can be used For international travel by air, sea, or land, you need a U.S. Passport Book. A Passport Card is good for entering the United States at land border crossings and seaports of entry from Canada, Mexico, The Caribbean, and Bermuda. It is not good for international air travel.

The cost for a passport is $130 for adults and $100 for children under 16. If you need a passport for land or cruise ship travel only, the cost is $30 for adults and $15 for children under 16.

A $35 processing fee will be charged for each application and a $10 fee for passport photos. For expedited passport applications, there is an additional fee For more information, click HERE.

Where Would You Want To Live If You Left New York or Pennsylvania?

Where Would You Want To Live If You Left New York or Pennsylvania?

Gallery Credit: Google Maps

Four Local Game-Themed Winter Getaways

Four Local Game-Themed Winter Getaways

Gallery Credit: airbnb

More From 99.1 The Whale