Binghamton Restaurant Reopens After Fire in Building Injures Man
Little Venice Restaurant in downtown Binghamton resumed operations following a fire that seriously hurt one man.
The blaze in a third-floor apartment at 111 Chenango Street broke out early Saturday afternoon.
The fire was extinguished quickly with most of the damage confined to the upper portion of the building that houses Little Venice Restaurant on the street level.
Firefighters emerged from the building with the injured man nearly 20 minutes after the blaze was reported. He was transported to a hospital by a Superior Ambulance.
Binghamton police Sunday afternoon released no information about the man. No other injuries were reported.
Detectives were on the scene just after the fire broke out.
Little Venice Restaurant was open at the time of the blaze. A manager declined to estimate how many employees and diners were in the restaurant at the time.
The business was closed for the rest of Saturday but reopened late Sunday morning.
Contact WNBF News reporter Bob Joseph: firstname.lastname@example.org
For breaking news and updates on developing stories, follow @BinghamtonNow on Twitter.