Winter Parking Rules in Effect Across the Southern Tier
If you live, work, or play in Binghamton, Johnson City, Endicott, or Vestal, there are a few things you need to know about the 2017-2018 winter parking rules.
Alternate side parking is in effect in Binghamton from December 1st until March 15th.
On even days, you're to park on the even side of the street until 5pm. On odd days of the week, you're to park on the odd side of the road until 5pm.
Remember that the change in parking happens each day at 5pm. For example, since December 1st is an odd day, you'll need to move your car to the even side of the road at 5pm. Also remember that these ruled are in effect 24 hours a day and they apply to all City streets, including streets with parking on only one side.
Streets with no parking allowed on either side, remain no marking zones. However, these rules don't apply to metered parking.
There are a few areas exempt from alternate side parking rules and they are:
- Florence Street between Eaton Place and Leroy.
- Seminary Avenue between Chestnut and Laurel
- Judson Avenue between Lorraine and Glenwood
- Mitchell Avenue between Vestal Avenue and Morris
- Park Avenue between Vestal Avenue and Morris
- Court Street between the Court Street Bridge and Fayette
- Fayette between Court and Susquehanna
- Prospect Street between Front and Glenwood
- Delavan between Iva and the dead-end to the northeast
- Lookout Street between Telegraph and Alfred.
- Alfred between Grand and Lookout
- Lourdes Road between Riverside and the dead-end to the north.
- Clinton between Glenwood and Jarvis
- Ronan between Baxter and Prospect (odd side only)
- Minerva between Grand Boulevard and Schubert
- King Avenue between St. John and Walnut
- Park Street between Schubert and Harrison
- West Street between Clinton and Phelps
- Conklin Avenue between South Washington and the State Street Bridge off-ramp.
Parking is completely prohibited on all Village streets and municipal parking lots from December 1st to April 1st between 1am and 6am, except on streets or parts of streets or locations in municipal lots that have signs posted that you're allowed to park there between 1am and 6am. However, parking in those locations is not allowed between 9am and 12pm after 3 inches or more of snow and if you're parked in one of those spots, you must remove your car, or it could be towed.
Johnson City's alternate side parking is in effect December 1st through April 1st.
Parking is allowed on the even side of the street on even days until 4:59pm. After 5pm on even days, you should move your car to the odd side of the street. After 5pm on odd days, you should move your car to the even side of the street.
Also, Village streets designated as 'Red-Line Streets' will be used as 'Snow Emergency Routes.' Parking is not allowed on these streets after two or more inches of snow until the street has been plowed.
Overnight parking in metered spaces is also not allowed from December 1st through April 1st from 12:01am to 6am.
You're not allowed to park your car on any Vestal Town or county streets/highways between the hours of 2am and 6am from December 1st to April 1st.