What’s Happening in Binghamton
The Hickories in Owego will host Paws for a Cause this Saturday, October 1st from 11a.m. to 3pm,.proceeds will go to the local Humane Society.
Join the 3rd Annual Paws for a Cause, Saturday, October 1st from 11a.m. to 3p.m. at Hickories Park in Owego. There will be a dog walk, basket raffles, vendors, face painting, a Halloween pet costume contest, and music. Money raised will go to the local Humane Society.
Here’s a list of community events over the next week
- Join the 13th Annual Traci’s Hope Barbeque, Saturday, October 1st from noon to six at the Apalachin Fairgrounds. Barbeque, music and activities for the kids. Twelve dollars for adults, five dollars for kids 6 to 12. All proceeds benefit those fighting breast cancer in our area.
- Howloween at the Zoo is October 1st, 2nd, 8th and 9th from 10a.m. to 3p.m. at the Binghamton Zoo, 60 Morgan Road, Binghamton. This family-friendly event includes fun Halloween stations and activities for all ages.
- MS Resources of Central New York holds a fundraiser comedy show at Brothers Two, 2901 Watson Boulevard, Endwell, Friday, October 7th. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased by calling 315-438-4790 or at m s resources dot org.
- There is a free jazz concert by Bill Carter and the Presbybop Sextet, Sunday, October 2nd at 4p.m. at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 499 Plaza Drive, Vestal.
- North Fenton United Methodist Church, Route 79, Fenton, will hold a rummage and bake sale Friday, October 7th from 8a.m. to 1p.m. and a bag sale Saturday, October 8th from 8a.m. to 11a.m.
- All Saints Church, 42 Harry L. Drive, Johnson City, is holding a rummage sale Saturday, October 1st from 8:30a.m. to 12:30p.m. and a bag sale Monday, October 3rd from 4 to 5:30pm.
- The Binghamton Zoo’s “25th Annual Boo at the Zoo” is October 14th, 15th, 21st and 22nd from 6:30pm to 9pm. Walk through a haunted zoo filled with zombies, ghouls, spiders and clowns. Tickets are six dollars for members; eight dollars for non-members, and are available at the Zoo ticket booth. This event is not recommended for children under 10. For more information visit ross park zoo dot com.
- Support The Humane Society by attending the Artisan/Gift Show, October 8th from 10am to 3pm at the American Legion Post 1645, 177 Robinson Street, Binghamton. Various vendors with handmade items as well as specialty products. Admission is three dollars. For more information call Robin Barron at 343-2302, or Kim Broderick at 724-3709.
- The Johnson City Senior Center is holding a Rummage Sale, October 7th from 9am to 3pm, and October 8th from 9am to 1pm at 30 Brocton Ave Johnson City. Decorations, clothes, toys, household items and much more.
- The public is invited to attend a parade and ceremony to relocate the memorial monument honoring area native Sergeant Lawrence D. Peters, October 8th beginning at 11am at the Post Office Annex, 120 Chenango Street, Binghamton. For more information call Cliff Post at 722-2956.
- The Broome County Soil and Water Conservation District is accepting orders for the fall fish sale for pond owners until October 10th. For more information call 724-9268 extension 5, or visit broome s w c d dot org.
- The Southern Tier Independence Center’s “Haunted Hall of Horrors” is open Fridays and Saturdays through October 29th at 135 East Frederick Street, Binghamton. Admission is fifteen dollars. For more information visit www dot h h h dash s t i c dot com.
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or firstname.lastname@example.org