What’s Happening in Binghamton
Here is a list of community events going on around the Greater Binghamton area over the next few weeks.
- Lourdes Hospital hosts its 8th annual “Shine a Light on Lung Cancer” event, November 17th at 5:30pm at The Binghamton Club, 83 Front Street, Binghamton. The presentation provides information on early detection and treatment of lung cancer. The event is free but you must pre-register at shine a light on lung cancer dot org.
- The Boys & Girls Club of Western Broome hosts its 15th Annual Taste of the Best fundraiser, November 14th at Our Lady of Good Counsel Church Hall, 701 West Main Street, Endicott beginning at 6pm. Silent and live auction along with sampling of Hors d’oeuvres and desserts from area chefs. Tickets are forty dollars per person and can be purchased by calling 754-0225.
- VINES holds its 5th Annual Coffee Bag Silent Auction, November 12th from 3 to 5:30pm at Laveggio Roasteria, 101 Court Street, Binghamton. All proceeds benefits VINES. To learn more visit vines gardens dot org.
- The Historic Owego Marketplace presents the Owego Holiday Showcase, November 12th from 10am to 6pm in downtown Owego. Entertainment, shopping, dining, Santa photos, carriage rides and more. Visit Owego dot org to learn more.
- The Broome County Public Library Knitting Group will meet November 15th at 5:30 pm. Bring a project to work on. For more information call 778-6451.
- There will be a chicken and biscuit dinner, November 12th at the Whitney Point American Legion, 119th Street, Whitney Point from 5 to 7pm. Adults eight dollars, vets seven dollars, children five through twelve are five dollars. All proceeds benefit Toys for Tots for Whitney Point residents.
- The Church Women United’s “Community Mitten Tree” is currently standing in the NBT Bank of Oxford where you can donate mittens, hats, socks and slippers to help fill the tree boughs. Donated items will be used to fill the annual Community Christmas Baskets.
- Join “Coffee with Cops” on November 18th from 9 to 11am at the Delaware County Public Safety Building for an informal opportunity for county residents to speak with members of the Delaware County Sheriff’s Office.
- There will be a Holly Day Fair, November 11th and 12th at Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish Center, 701 West Main Street, Endicott from 9 to 4 both days. Crafts, gifts, collectibles and more, with lunch served from 11 to 2.
- The 4th Annual Black & White Party to raise money to assist young adults with cancer is November 19th from 7 to 10pm. Music, food and raffles. For more information and tickets go to sean standing strong dot org or call 607-222-9341.
- Operation Christmas Child – a project of Samaritan’s Purse -- is collecting gifts for children overseas living in extreme poverty or affected by war, disease and natural disaster. For more information go to Samaritans purse dot org slash o c c.
- St. John School is having a Book Fair at Barnes and Noble in Vestal on November 18th and 19th. A portion of the proceeds will go to benefit the school programs.
- Sarah Jane Johnson Memorial Church, 308 Main Street, Johnson City, is holding their annual Ecumenical Thanksgiving Service, November 20th from 6 to 7pm. Free admission but please bring a non-perishable food item for CHOW.
- The West Colesville Fire Company holds its annual Thanksgiving Turkey Party at the fire stations, 1305 Colesville Road, Binghamton, on November 19th starting at 5:30pm. Donation at the door is five dollars. No minors allowed.
- The Broome County Public Library Beading Group meets November 21st at 5:30pm. The group is open to anyone interested in making jewelry. For more information call the library at 778-6451.
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or firstname.lastname@example.org