What’s Happening in Binghamton
The Binghamton Zoo will host their annual Ice Cream Safari this Saturday July 16th, enjoy several flavors of ice cream along with your favorite zoo animals. Event kicks off at 5:30 pm and will end at 8:00 pm (last ticket sold at 7:30).
Tickets are available for purchase online now. Ice Cream Safari is $6.00 for members and $8.00 for non-members. Guests may also purchase tickets at the Binghamton Zoo’s ticket booth during normal business hours, and they will also be sold on the night of the event
Here’s a list of community events over the next week
- Cornell Cooperative Extension will hold a compost workshop at the Broome County Public Library, 185 Court Street, on Tuesday, July 26th at 6:30 p.m. To register call 778-6451.
- There will be a free Rabies Clinic on Thursday, July 28th from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at Columbus Town Garage, 4340 State Highway 80. Donations accepted.
- The American Red Cross of the Southern Tier is holding a Babysitter’s Training Class for ages 11 to 15 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, July 23rd at the Red Cross office, 620 Main Street, Endicott. Cost is $85. Advance registration is required. Call 1-800-733-2767 or visit red cross dot org slash take a class.
- American Legion Post 1390 is holding a Jamboree Under the Tent with Orange Blossom Special Band, July 23rd from 5 to 9pm at 2419 Route 26, Maine, New York. Donation five dollars with a one dollar discount to Veterans with proof. Food and beverages available. The public is welcome.
- An edible plants walk will be held at Greenwood Park, July 24th beginning at 1:30pm. There will also be longer hike with the Triple Cities Hiking Club, and a vegetarian potluck meal at 4pm. For more information call 341-3746.
- The Berkshire Blueberry and Book Festival is Saturday, July 23rd from nine to four, with pancakes served from 7am to 10am, at the Berkshire Community Hall, Fire Station, and Library. Food, entertainment, prizes and family fun. Rain or shine.
- As part of their July Kris Kringel Days, the Nanticoke Valley Historical Society is sponsoring the musical “Nutcrackers” performed by the Maine Community Players at Maine Memorial School, Route 26, Maine, July 22nd and 23rd at 7:05 p.m. and July 24th at 2:05 p.m. Tickets are five dollars.
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or email@example.com