What’s Happening in Binghamton
Many of the parks will officially open this weekend and that means BBQ's, swimming, camping and lots of outdoor activities
Here’s a list of community events over the next week
- The Penny Memorial Day Bluegrass Festival is May 27th through May 29th at 199 Wrench Lane in Bainbridge. Lots of old-time music and raffles. Camping available. For more information call Don Hardic at 570-934-2507.
- The Broome County Public Library Book Club will discuss Being Mortal at its meeting Thursday, June 2 at 6p.m. at the library, 185 Court Street, Binghamton. All are welcome to attend. For more information call 778-6451.
- The Apalachin Fireman’s Field Days are June1st through June 4th. For more information and a schedule of events visit Facebook slash Apalachin F D.
- The Broome County Office for Aging hosts “Get Your FATS Straight” – a free, informational seminar on fats and healthy eating … May 31st at the Northern Broome Senior Center, Whitney Point, and on June 2nd at the Eastern Broome Senior Center, Harpursville. To learn more call 778-2298.
- VFW Post 1536 will have a Valley Dance on June 3rd in the banquet room at 932 Lockhart Street, Sayre. All 18 and older are welcome. Music, beverages and snacks included with a small per person fee at the door. To learn more call 570-888-0040.
- The 43rd Annual Greek Festival is June 2nd through 5th beginning at noon at the Greek Orthodox Church of the Annunciation, One Hellenic Center, Vestal. Greek food, music, dancing and more! New parking lot now available behind the church!
- “Ride for the Memories” is Saturday, June 4th with registration beginning at 9a.m. at Finger Lakes Harley-Davidson, 6033 State Route 12, Cayuta, New York. Food, entertainment, and raffles are part of the event. Cost is twenty dollars per rider; ten dollars per passenger. Funds raised will be donated to the Twin Tiers Honor Flight which honors America’s veterans.
- There is a fundraiser June 5th from noon to five at the Elks Lodge, 619 North Nanticoke Ave, Endicott to raise funds to help Emalie Kozecke-Williams fight pancreatic cancer. Music, food and raffles. Cost is ten dollars for adults, five dollars for kids.
- The Broome County Public Library hosts two workshops on Planning for Special Needs Children, Thursday, June 9th at 10a.m. and at 6p.m. Registration required by call 778-6451.
- Conklin Avenue Baptist Church, 269 Conklin Ave, Binghamton, is holding a flea market on Saturday, June 4th from 9a.m. to 2p.m.
- The Vestal Coal House hosts a free Poetry Slam on June 10th from 6p.m. to 9p.m.
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or firstname.lastname@example.org