What’s Happening in Binghamton
This weekend August 27th and 28th another big event of the summer will take place in Binghamton, it’s the annual Chris Thater Memorial, which includes many cycling events from professional to novice.
Chris Thater was only 23 years old when he was killed by a drunk driver, so along with his memory and love for cycling, the Broome County STOP-DWI program has introduced the strong message that drinking and driving will not be tolerated under any circumstance.
This year the race will be held in the streets of downtown Binghamton and we’ll feature Pro, Elite, and Novice cycling events in addition there will be a 5K run through Binghamton’s west side and much more
The race draws over 1200 participants and thousands of spectators, hope to see you this weekend.
Click HERE for a schedule of events
Here’s a list of community events over the next week
- The August Dogapalooza Event is being held on August 28th 2016 to bring support to animal rescue and adoption. The event will be located at the Jewish Community Center on 500 Clubhouse Road in vestal from noon to 4. The event is free and open to the public. For more information please contact Mary Gates at 607-724-2417 or online at www.binghamtonjcc.org
- There will be a fundraiser in memory of US Army Veteran James “Digger” Louden on August 28th at the American Legion Post #183 on Union Street in Sidney NY. Price is $15 for adults and $5 for children, which includes a pig roast and music. Funds raised by this event will be used to create scholarships in his name.
- Ed Travis & Midnight Star Music proudly presents the 2nd annual David Gates Memorial Veterans concert. Come listen to Brad Collins & Country Attitude and A Country Mile on August 27th starting at noon at the Floyd Maines Community Center on 942 Conklin Road. Admission is free.
- The Broome Tobacco Asset Securitization Corporation Board of Directors meeting scheduled for Thursday August 25th in the Executive Conference Room of the Edwin L. Crawford County Office has been rescheduled for September 2nd at 8AM in the same location
- The Tioga Opportunities WIC program will be taking applications to receive checks for WIC foods at 110 Central Ave in Owego from August 27th to August 31st from 9AM until 430PM
There will be a free concert presented by Artistic Expressions at The Trout Pond. Come listen to “The Red Eyes” on Saturday August 27th from 6PM till 9PM at Trout Ponds Park in Newark Valley.
- The Thompson United Methodist Church is holding at Roast Beef Supper on August 27th at the united Methodist church on 586 main street in Thompson PA. Take outs are at 4:30 and Eat in is at 5:00.
- The Hungry Ear Library Program is bringing two short stories written by Ray Bradbury on Monday August 29th at 5:30PM. For more information please contact the Library’s information services department at 607-778-6451
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or email@example.com