What’s Happening in Binghamton
Looking for something to do this weekend, the Kopernik will feature a tour of outer worlds Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto, presented by Keith Werkman, Ph.D., Lockheed-Martin.
Kopernik also will be open starting at 7:30 p.m. Saturday night, August 13, if clear, for the Perseid Meteor Shower and Planet Marathon, he meteor viewing experience with featuring ambient music and inspiring words from NASA missions and famous astronomers.
Here’s a list of community events over the next week
- The annual BDAST Golf Tournament Fundraiser to help families living with chronic bleeding disorders is august 20th at the Belden Hill Golf Club. Captain & Crew… team registration noon until one… shotgun start at 1:30. For more information go to b d a s t dot org
- The Second annual Soldiers and Saddles Charity Ride. Ride starts and finishes at the Binghamton Moose Club #1013 on 224 Henry St, Binghamton, NY. There are stops at The Hitchin Post and The Octagon Inn on the ride. Registration is from 9:30 to 11:30 with kickstands up at noon. Cost is $20 per bike, $10 per passenger. Chicken Bbq to follow the ride with Live music from 4pm-6pm.
- The August Dogapalooza Event is being held on August 28th 2016 to bring support to animal rescue and adoption. The event will be located at the Jewish Community Center on 500 Clubhouse Road in vestal from noon to 4. The event is free and open to the public. For more information please contact Mary Gates at 607-724-2417 or online at www.binghamtonjcc.org
- A benefit for Twin Tiers Honor Flight Mission 5 is being held august 20th 2pm to 11pm at Magic City Music Hall. The cost is 15 dollars and includes raffle baskets and live music. One lucky winner will be flying on mission 5! Please join us and help us say “thank you” in the most incredible way to those who have served.
- The 10th annual Binghamton Bridge Pedal is to take place august 20th from 9am to 1pm. Join the family friendly fun with a police escorted bike tour around downtown Binghamton. The bridge pedal offers an 8 mile and 3 mile ride of your choice. Stick around after for Backyard Bikes Pre register at www.ctandi.org. 10 dollars for adults and 5 for children
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or firstname.lastname@example.org