What’s Happening in Binghamton
The Leven Gouldin & Thompson Tennis Challenger will going on all weekend at Recreation Park in Binghamton with free admission Saturday and Sunday. Enjoy some of the best tennis on the pro circuit Click HERE for complete schedule of events
Here’s a list of community events over the next week
- As part of their July Kris Kringel Days, the Nanticoke Valley Historical Society is sponsoring the musical “Nutcrackers” performed by the Maine Community Players at Maine Memorial School, Route 26, Maine, July 22nd and 23rd at 7:05 p.m. and July 24th at 2:05 p.m. Tickets are five dollars.
- The American Red Cross of the Southern Tier is holding a Babysitter’s Training Class for ages 11 to 15 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, July 23rd at the Red Cross office, 620 Main Street, Endicott. Cost is $85. Advance registration is required. Call 1-800-733-2767 or visit red cross dot org slash take a class
- American Legion Post 1390 is holding a Jamboree Under the Tent with Orange Blossom Special Band, July 23rd from 5 to 9pm at 2419 Route 26, Maine, New York. Donation five dollars with a one dollar discount to Veterans with proof. Food and beverages available. The public is welcome.
- The Berkshire Blueberry and Book Festival is Saturday, July 23rd from nine to four, with pancakes served from 7am to 10am, at the Berkshire Community Hall, Fire Station, and Library. Food, entertainment, prizes and family fun. Rain or shine.
- An edible plants walk will be held at Greenwood Park, July 24th beginning at 1:30pm. There will also be longer hike with the Triple Cities Hiking Club, and a vegetarian potluck meal at 4pm. For more information call 341-3746.
- Cornell Cooperative Extension will hold a compost workshop at the Broome County Public Library, 185 Court Street, on Tuesday, July 26th at 6:30 p.m. To register call 778-6451.
- There will be a free Rabies Clinic on Thursday, July 28th from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at Columbus Town Garage, 4340 State Highway 80. Donations accepted.
- Take part in the Christmas in July 5K Run & Walk, Saturday, July 30th beginning at 9 a.m. at the Vestal Coal House. Proceeds benefit the Bandera Family Free Christmas Dinner which has provided Christmas dinners to the community for 27 years. Santa will be on site! Register online at Bandera 5 K dot event brite dot com, or print a form from the Triple Cities Runners Club dot org website.
- There is a benefit for Union Volunteer Emergency Squad member Kimberly Bosket, who suffered long-term injuries in a car accident, to help her family meet the financial burdens of her care, on July 31st from noon to four at the Endwell Fire Department on Country Club Road. Organizers are seeking donations to make raffle baskets, items to auction off, and or financial donations. If you would like to help please contact Debby Wagner by calling 725-5457, or by emailing bosket benefit at gmail dot com.
- The next “Rock and Roar” event at the Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park is July 31st from 2 to 4 p.m. featuring VooDoo Highway. The event is free. Donations are accepted.
- There is a roast beef supper, Saturday, July 30th at Thompson United Methodist Church, 586 Main Street, Thompson, P-A. Take-outs start at 4:30 p.m.; eat-ins at 5 p.m. Donation is eleven dollars for adults, 5-50 for children six to twelve, five and unders are free. All are welcome!
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or email@example.com