Unwritten Rules Men Should Live By
Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs has a long list of unwritten rules on NCIS. I dig that! I got to thinking, “I wonder if every guy has rules?” Well, according to Men’s Health, you should. I have a list and I didn’t realize it.
In general, rules help you get through life by not looking like an ass, being confident and watching your back. Or that’s what I gathered from the MH list.
There are some that I think are wrong; like “it’s more important to have good health insurance than good health” and “the person who sincerely says I want to get to know you better is a person you don’t want to know.”
There are many more good ones! Here are my favorites:
1. People in glass houses are idiots.
2. Never Buy a gift at a kiosk.
3. Do not get a visible tattoo bigger than your junk.
4. Never ask a woman if she wants to have sex by asking her if she wants to have sex.
5. Don’t bluff more than once in a poker game with friends.
6. When running in public on a hot day, do not take off your shirt if you are hairy!
and one that I even caught myself doing once (I got the “you creep” look):Never say hi to a stranger in any town with a population of over 2,000. People take it as scary and creepy.
What are your rules? Do these work for you?