Shredded Turkey and Pinto Beans Burritos
Who doesn't love burritos? I can't think of a better way to use leftover turkey then doing a drastic change and making it into this favorite Mexican dish!
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) chile powder
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 4 cup(s) shredded cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 can(s) pinto beans, rinsed
- 6 10-inch whole-wheat flour tortillas or wraps, warmed
- 3/4 dash(es) grated Monterey or pepper Jack cheese
- 2 cup(s) shredded green cabbage
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in garlic, cumin and chile powder and cook for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and lime juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the onions are very soft, 16 to 20 minutes. Stir in turkey (or chicken) and beans and continue cooking until the mixture is heated through, 3 to 5 minutes more. Divide the turkey-bean mixture among tortillas (or wraps). Top each with cheese and cabbage, roll into burritos and serve.