Recipe of the Week: Brushetta
1. Take four Roma tomatoes, scoop out the inside guts and chop the remaining tomato into small squares.
2. Chop half of a vidali onion into small squares and combine the onion and tomato pieces in a bowl.
3.Add a teaspoon of olive oil, 3 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar, two to three cloves of garlic, desired amount of basil, pepper and salt. Stir the ingredients together and add more of any ingredient to suit your taste.
4. Brush olive oil onto slices of Italian bread, place on a baking sheet and place in the oven at 350 degrees.
5.When the middle of the bread feels slightly toasted, remove the pan and place enough brushetta on each slice to cover the top of the bread.
6. Sprinkle low moisture shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the tomatoes and place tray back into the oven.
7. When the cheese is melted. remove the tray, place the brushetta on a plate, serve and enjoy!