Recipe: Egg in a Tomato
I came across different ideas for cooking eggs on the internet the other week and one that stuck out in my mind was cooking an egg in a tomato.
1. Take a tomato on the vine or a beefsteak tomato, and cut the top off so the stem is gone.
2. Use a spoon to scoop out the guts in the middle of the tomato so the tomato is hollow. Be careful not to cut the sides of the tomato. At the end of this process, it should look like a little bowl.
3. Crack an egg and place it in the tomato.
4. Top the tomato with the egg in it with mozzarella cheese and place it in the oven at 425 degrees.
5. Leave the tomato in oven until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
6. Remove, let cool and enjoy.
I do not like my eggs runny but if you do, I would only leave the egg in for about 5 minutes. I left mine in for about 15 minutes.