$2.5 Million NYSEG Stadium Upgrade
When baseball returns to Binghamton in April 2017 the Binghamton Rumble Ponies will have a new stadium look to go along with the new name and logo.
A 2.5 million dollar plan to up grade NYSEG Stadium is scheduled to be completed by the start of the 2017 season.
The upgrade will include:
- Reflective energy saving lighting for the stadium
- New bullpen and batting cage,
- New team deck that will include a 144 person picnic deck along the right field side of the stadium to provide fans with a great viewing experience,
- New right field entrance that will include a performance stage for live music, new food stand and even a playground fun zone,
- New third base terrace that will include picnic tables and family seating which will create a comfortable and conversational setting at the ball park.
Binghamton Rumble Ponies owner John Hughes said 'It's an amazing honor to have this kind of community support as we grow NYSEG stadium into a regional sports and entertainment destination'
The Binghamton Rumble Ponies home opener will be on April 13, 2017.