Holiday Office Party Rules
It's that time of the year - the annual office holiday party.
There are rules that while they're unofficial, would be wise to follow.
According to The Wall Street Journal, here are some highlights.
- If you're the first person to show up, that's fine, but do your best not to be the last person at the party.
- It's not the time or place to try an alcoholic beverage you've never consumed before.
- Performing silly tricks - not a good idea.
- Stay away from talking about the BCS championship. You never know if someone is there who went to Notre Dame or Alabama. You'll spend the rest of the evening in a conversation you can't get out of.
- Dancing at the party. Are you a good dancer? Probably not good enough. Don't do it.
- Showing pictures of your family, vacation, home improvement, etc. Yea, stop it now, or go home.
- The day after, you see quite a few messages from human resources, you might want to find a box to use to fill with your belongings.
Play it safe.
Your job is more important than a party you may not even remember.